Chapter 28: Kin

Wavering Destiny
by Strawberry Moon Rose

Enjoy :)

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or any of the characters. They belong to Naoko Takeuchi.
_________________________________
Chapter 28: Kin
_________________________________

"Where are we going?" Usagi asked as Seiya led her through the crowd.

Seiya opened her mouth to reply, but a close male voice cut her off.

"Seiya! How's it going 'lil sis? You're looking pretty sharp tonight, aren'tcha?"

Usagi turned in the direction of the approaching voice. It belonged to a tall, handsome guy. He had dark brown hair swept to the side; a superstar hairstyle. His eyes were piercing navy blue, hard to look at and hard to look away from. He wore a black tuxedo and blue bow tie. Even the way he sashayed up to them screamed confidence and cool. Even though he looked a little older, Usagi recognized him right away. He was the face in the photograph, the guy she thought was Seiya's boyfriend. It was her brother.

"Kallen!" Seiya's face lit up.

Kallen stretched his arms out in preparation for a hug. The way his eyebrows arched up when he spoke reminded her of Seiya.

Seiya released Usagi's hand and stepped into his embrace. "It's good to see you," she told him.

"I'm glad I made it. Oh, and mom wanted me to tell you she was sorry she couldn't make it tonight. She ended up going with dad on that business trip after all."

Seiya shrugged indifferently. "That's not new. I'm just glad you came."

Usagi stood awkwardly, feeling a little out of place at the little family reunion. Seiya must has sensed this, because she stepped back and turned to her.

"Kallen, I'd like you to meet Bun Head," said Seiya. "Bun Head, this is my brother, Kallen."

Kallen's eyes fell upon Usagi. He ran his fingers through his bangs, swishing them off to the side and looking up in a longing way she was sure was meant to be flirtatious.

"Why hello there, Ms. Bun Head," he said with a smile. He playfully narrowed his eyes.

Usagi shot a pouty scowl at Seiya for introducing her like that.

Seiya grinned.

Usagi stepped forward. "Usagi Tsukino. You can call me Usagi," she said.

Kallen laughed. "If you prefer that. But I think Bun Head's kind of cute. I've never seen that hairstyle before."

Usagi felt herself blushing. He and Seiya were definitely related.

"Okay, okay, that's enough. Bun Head's taken," Seiya said, stepping between the two of them.

Kallen laughed. "Why so defensive, 'lil sis?" he teased. "What is she, your girlfriend?" He mussed his hand through Seiya's bangs, messing them up.

Seiya frowned and combed her hair back in place. She looked over at Usagi, their gaze met.

"Wait, is she?" Kallen asked.

"Yes," Usagi said, surprising the three of them. She reached for Seiya's hand. "Yes. I am her girlfriend," she declared.

Kallen gave Seiya a light shove on the shoulder. "Adorable. How come you never told me about her, Seiya?"

Seiya was too surprised with Usagi's response to pay attention to her brother's teasing.