Chapter 4: Acknowledgement

Wavering Destiny

by Strawberry Moon Rose

If anyone is interested, the music that has inspired me to write this fanfic is the album "Joyride" by Roxette. If you like the 90's songs of Sailor Moon like "My Only Love" from the English dub, or "Ai no Senshi" that's kind of how they sound and I love it. It's very inspiring :)

This chapter was inspired by "Fading Like A Flower" off of that album. It very much explains Seiya's feelings of wanting to be close to Usagi, but not wanting get hurt by doing so.

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or any of the characters. They belong to Naoko Takeuchi.
_________________________________
Chapter 4: Acknowledgment
_________________________________

"Seiya, where are we going?" Usagi asked as Seiya led her up one of the palace's winding staircases.

"You'll see."

The two girls advanced through the palace. They passed multiple rooms and workers hurrying on with their jobs. Usagi could hear Rei's voice echoing down the hall. It sounded like she was arguing with Minako about who would share guest rooms.

Usagi's legs were starting to get sore from climbing all of the stairs. "Are we there yet? Cardio's not my thing."

"Yep." They stood before a white door. "This will be where you can stay for the next few days, Bun Head." She pushed the door open and they stepped inside.

"Whoa..!" Usagi cried in amazement. The bedroom's color scheme was soft pastel colors of light pink and white. Minimalist decor with a feminine touch. It was gorgeous.

"Come here." Seiya guided her along through the room to the sliding balcony door. The two stepped out onto the small balcony together.

The sun hung higher in the morning sky and the air was growing warmer. This side of the palace faced west and the stars were still hanging in the dark sky at daybreak. Where the sky met the horizon, waves shifted in the distance. The ocean spread out before them, roaring quietly to itself in the darkness. The ocean breeze carried the salty air to their lips.

"Wow..." Usagi was speechless. She walked over to the edge of the balcony and took in the beauty.

"Isn't it something?" Seiya asked. "This room has the best view of it. And look." She pointed over the edge at the rocks below. The foamy tide sloshed up and over them. Among them grew unique, bright red flowers.

"Are those roses?"

"No. Rozamokus. They are a flower that only grows here on Kinmoku. In land or water. I figured you like them."

"They're beautiful."

Like you, Seiya thought. She watched Usagi take in the sights of her planet in child-like wonder. Seiya stepped close, and their shoulders touched, skin on skin. She was instantly reminded of sitting beside her on a bench after softball practice, admiring the stars. That was before they knew each others identities, and everything got complicated.

"Bun Head, I..." Seiya didn't know what to say. No matter what she did, it wouldn't change anything.

"Thank you, Seiya," Usagi said. Her wide eyes met Seiya's.

"For what?"

"For everything. But this view is spectacular. Thanks for giving me this room to stay in during our visit."

Seiya remained silent. The pain was unbearable. The ocean calmed her. It was a chilly morning, but being next to Usagi warmed her soul. Their touching shoulders still sent her buzzing.