Chapter 47: Racing Thoughts

Wavering Destiny
by Strawberry Moon Rose

I was watching Pretty Little Liars and thought this was interesting and pertained to Usagi and Mamoru.

"Don't confuse fate with really bad luck." -Spencer Hastings

Enjoy :P

Disclaimer: I do not own Sailor Moon or any of the characters. They belong to Naoko Takeuchi.
_________________________________
Chapter 47: Racing Thoughts
_________________________________

Moonlight spilled through the glass windows, dancing shadows on the walls and floors of the palace's corridors. In the distance an owl hooted.

"Knock. Knock." Usagi rapped her fist against the ajar door to Chibi-Usa and Hotaru's room. Everyone was in bed, and the only people she'd passed in the halls were a maid carrying a stack of towels, and Minako, who stumbled out of her and Rei's room, wearing an unreadable expression.

"Usagi?" Chibi-Usa said groggily. She pushed the blankets off herself and sat up in bed. Her hair was undone, cascading in unruly pink waves down her back.

"Sorry, I didn't think you were sleeping. Can I come in?"

Chibi-Usa rubbed her eyes and nodded. Usagi stepped into the room. The floorboards were cold and creaked under her slippers. Chibi-Usa raised a finger to her lips and motioned to Hotaru, who was fast asleep on the other side of the room.

Usagi tiptoed as quietly as she could to her daughter's bed. She lowered herself on the edge beside her.

"What's going on?" said Chibi-Usa, "is something wrong?"

"No, everything's fine. I just came by to see how you were. It's been a crazy night."

Chibi-Usa shrugged. "Yeah. I guess so."

"I can't believe you can sleep after everything that's happened. I just can't believe it all. I mean, you're here now. And so are the others. Heck, Haruka is sleeping just a couple doors down! On Kinmoku! It's too weird, like a dream. My brain is still struggling to catch up to all the surprises."

"You mean Chibi Chibi?" Chibi-Usa said quietly.

"That too. I still can't come to accept that she's my daughter. Your sister." Usagi let out a pent-up breath. "I'm worried how Seiya and I are going to handle her, but I think we'll manage... But more importantly, how are you taking the news, Chibi-Usa?"

Chibi-Usa fiddled with the sleeve of her pajamas. One of the maids had stopped by and given them to her a little while ago. They were soft and comfortable, but smelled overpoweringly like olives, as the rest of the planet did. It made her homesick...for whatever home was. She didn't know anymore.

"It's...different," Chibi-Usa answered. "It was lonely in Crystal Tokyo, and I always wanted a sister. Chibi Chibi is cute and l like her already. I'm gonna miss Crystal Tokyo like crazy, but I like it here with you guys. I always have. And I've got Puu and Diana too."

"Speaking of Diana, where is she?" Usagi looked all around, but didn't spot the kitten. She almost never left Chibi-Usa's side, so she found it odd she wasn't curled up in her lap at that very moment.

Chibi-Usa tapped her chin. "She's with the really pretty Starlight...I don't know her name. The short one that Minako's all over."

"Oh, Yaten?"

"Yeah." Chibi-Usa wrapped a tendril of hair around her finger. "She must be a nice person if she likes cats that much. If Diana likes her, than I do too."