Red Carpet • Louis

GUYS ITS FRIDAY THE 13TH

i don't know how red carpets work so this is purely my imagination :))

———

Your POV

I sit in the limo with my Stranger Things Costars, Maya on my right and Finn on my left.

Finn and I have a brother-sister relationship and we really were like siblings, even if the fandom shipped us together.

But I was already with Louis, and Finn was literally the captain of our ship. He constantly begs us to go public just so he can post the pictures of us he has.

My knee bounces up and down, and Finn puts a hand on my shoulder. "You ok?" He asks, obviously asking about my anxiety.

That's another reason why we are so close, we understand each other.

I nod, trying to still my shaky hands. This is my first red carpet, and I'm extremely nervous.

He gives me a skeptical look. "I'll be right here. And Louis is meeting us on the carpet, ok? It's gonna be fine. You'll be great." He tries to reassure me.

And before I can respond, the limo stops.

We're here.

A man dressed in black opens the door, letting us out. We go out in pairs, Millie and Sadie, Caleb and Noah, Gaten and Joe, Natalia and Charlie, David and Winona, Dacre and Maya, and finally Finn and I.

As soon as I step out, cameras flash and I try to smile, but my anxiety starts up. Finn puts an arm around my shoulders to try and get me to walk, and I look down and try to focus on calming my fast breathing as Finn leads me.

The interviewers shout questions at me, trying to get my attention, but I can't think straight. Finn pulls me closer and I can faintly hear the fangirls yelling, but not much over my hammering heart.

"Y/n, just stay with me." Finn says, trying to calm me as I stumble.

I glance up and find hazel eyes a few feet away.

Louis' eyes.

I stumble into his arms and he holds me protectively, shielding me from their bright flashes as I hyperventilate. "I've got you. You're gonna be fine." He whispers.

I hug him tightly and he kisses the top of my head. I can hear the screams. I feel strong hands move me and Louis down the carpet and into a room.

Empty. Thankfully.

I slide down against the wall balling and releasing my fists, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 times (idk if i explained this well, but i do this and match my breathing to it. idk it helps me). Louis squats in front of me and holds my arms, letting me calm down. After about ten more minutes my breathing is even, shaky, but even. Louis pulls me in for a hug and we sway back and forth.

"I think people might suspect, if not already know by now, love." Louis whispers.

"It's ok. Now we don't have to hide." I whisper back, hugging him tighter.

I go to kiss his cheek but he turns and catches my lips. He smirks at me and I laugh.

I hear a knock on the door and Finn peaks in. "Just making sure you're alright." He smiles.

I nod and look back at Louis. "Thanks to you both." I bite my lip and look down, "I don't have to go out there, do I?"

"No!" Both of them say.

"Of course not." Louis assured me.

"So much for my first red carpet." I say dryly.

"It's ok. There's always more. There's also an uber out back for you if you want it." Finn says. "I better get back, get home safe, ok?" He says in a brotherly way.

"I've got her." Louis says, and they both share a nod. "I've got you." He whispers to me once Finn closes the door.