forty first

The city of angels was unusually dark and unwelcoming. The autumn rain took the city under its power and made everyone to hide in their luxurious houses or stay away from the street anywhere else. The car was rushing towards the tallest building downtown. Bella knew that Sebastian moved the main office of his company to another place, but she has never seen it before. A smile appeared on her face when the notification with a photograph of her niece smiling popped up. It seemed as if she was ready to move in with her sister so Hadid won't miss anything from the life of her little niece. However, all the warm thoughts about her family flew away with the speed of light as soon they drove inside parking.

Bella's high heels were heard on the whole floor of parking because of the echo. She felt nervous over a meeting with lawyer. One thing she knew for sure in her mind: she will never be fooled by a man. Even if it's a man she loves.

Even though it was a completely different office, the view of the city left Bella speechless. She stood for a moment looking out of the window before entering Sebastian's cabinet. After noticing that the door was unseen to anyone else who sits in the office, a brunette quickly understood why he liked that office.

- Hello Miss Hadid, I'm Sebastian's lawyer and I would like to talk to you about the marriage agreement, - Mr.Cooper got up from the chair to greet a girl and give her a handshake while the other chair where Sebastian had to sit was empty.

- Sure, it's nice to meet you! Should I call my lawyer too? - Bella gave a smile to a man in his 30s, who was good-looking at first glance and a great professional from inside.

- It will be unnecessary. I've got all the required documents and as soon you and Mister Stan will be happy with the contract you'll be able to sign it, - The lawyer took out a file with a couple of papers and gave it to her.

- I'm not in hurry, -  She smiled softly and let her eyes explore every single word trying to find what he wanted from here. Or where was the moment when she'll feel like a fool?

- So I and Sebastian talked about a couple of points already. In the case of divorce, you get 30% of the company and the house. All the properties that you both owned before marriage will stay as it was before. Also, in case if you will have a divorce and a child or children, Sebastian wants to share custody and see a child whenever he wants, because of his quite busy schedule, - Noticing how slowly and carefully Bella was reading a contract Mr. Cooper decided to give a brief description of all points.

- I understand. Tell me in California, how much of a company do you have to own in order to rule it? - A girl raise her eyes and caught his glance on her face forcing an eye contact between them.

- At least 40 percent, and a place in a company, - The lawyer looked around and it was easy to understand that Hadid didn't want to lose control over him or at least his income even after divorce.

- Okay. I'll get to my points. I want 45% of the company mainly the part that my dad owns. Shared custody is fine, but we have to agree before he sees kids. At least two days before. All the expensive gift will stay with the current owner and a compensation, - Bella put the papers aside and took a sip of water from the glass that a secretary placed on the table a moment before.

- A compensation? -Mr. Cooper had a long history of his experience as a lawyer for people who had money, wealth, and power. But this point from Hadid definitely surprised him.

- Yes, a million and this amount of money doubles each year of marriage, - She didn't think for a long time as she let the information slip from her lips and make a man in front of her.

- I'm afraid Mister Stan will never sign this paper, - The lawyer smirked a bit as he wrote down the main points of a brunette on a small piece of paper.

The door opened in a rush and somewhat angry movement. A man quickly shut it and walked straight towards his chair next to the panoramic windows. - I'm sorry had a meeting till noon.

- We have discussed the contract, - A girl smiled to him already wondering what kind of reaction waiting from him.

- Let me see, - At the same very moment Sebastian took the papers from the table in his hands. However, the first point made him raise his eyebrows and question if he even wanted it all. - are you serious?

- Yes, I have talked about every single point with my lawyer yesterday, - A brunette crossed her hands on her chest and let everyone in the room understand that she will not change her mind.

- I agree with everything but not the company. The maximum I can give you is 35% of the shared part, - Stan sat down and asked his assistant for a coffee. Even though it was a great moment for whiskey.

- It looks like you want to take a bite of a pie and not to share it with me. - A girl made an eye contact with Sebastian and got up from the chair. She put both of her hands on the table.  - Okay, let's imagine. We're having a divorce. I'll be left with two kids and no work because I'll be too old for modeling. The only way to make myself and my children to live in comfort is the business.

- I will never leave you and our imaginary kids without a single penny. You'll be getting a solid income every month on your special account. The money on the account you'll be able to spend on you and family, the rest will be on my shoulders, - A man looked Bella deeply in her eyes. It was the look that could make you believe in anything and anyone.

- Do you promise? - A fear slid away from her head. She wanted to trust him even if she was doing the biggest mistake of her life.

- I do, - without even taking a small pause, Stan gave all the documents back to the lawyer. He quickly added all the points to the main paper while carefully writing it. In our world, we have to be extremely careful because every single world can be used against you.

- Then, I agree, - Hadid walked towards Sebastian while they still had eyes on each other. She put her hand on his shoulder and to their surprise, a man took her hand on his.

- Put your sign here, Miss Hadid, - Mr. Cooper double-checked the whole paper and then gave it to Sebastian first showing the places where both of them had to put signs.

Bella noticed how her hand was shaking when she was holding a pen. There was no way back.  If she ever wanted to run away she had a chance before entering this room. Her eyes followed the hand of Sebastian and his neat signature. Her mind seemed to be taken over by the fog from the street as her hand was drawing a sign. It was a matter of time till they officially get married and she will become Mrs. Stan.

But why doesn't it feel like a dream anymore?