Twenty first.

The days were flying one after one as the man put his head deeper inside of the ocean of work. His day started, continued, and ended with coffee. Watching the orange and yellow rays of the sunset over heavy clouds of the city, Stan understood that it was time to go home and have some rest to stay sane. Closing the door of his office, the man went straight to the elevator and couldn't wait to feel the faux-leather of the car again and for the last time on this day. 

It usually takes up to 15 minutes to reach his house even with heavy traffic catching all the red lights on the traffic lights. However, today the car stood in one place for more than half an hour. He watched people walking down the street and even thought about having a long, fresh walk home. The car moved on one-meter and stoped once again. Losing his temper the man grabbed his jacket and without saying any word to the driver started walking towards his house. 

- What is going on here? - Sebastian got out of the car and was greeted by the police. His deep blue eyes tried to go through the cars and people trying to understand what was the matter. It was quite unusual that the center of the city was blocked by police cars. 

- Sir, this is the place of a possible shooting please get in your car if you live here and if you don't just safely move out of from the area, - The policeman was polite with the man despite the fact that he was disturbing them from work. The man heard one more shot which made everyone turn around and check if the shooter was outside of the building. 

- My.. - His eyes looked at the name of the building and a clear understanding that it was the hotel where Bella lived came into his mind. Knowing, that the police won't give him any information if he says that he is just a friend or someone else, Sebastian found no other solution but let the words slip out of his mouth. - My wife is in this hotel. 

- I'm sorry to hear it. Can contact her? Maybe we can get some useful information from her, - The policeman didn't notice how they crossed the line and got closer to the scene. Mr.Jones knew that information from inside would be useful before they would track the calls and get the information from 911. 

However, the man's words were most likely heard by Bella herself. Sebastian's phone buzzed with the incoming phone call and without thinking picked up at the phone at the same moment hoping to hear that she was somewhere out, anywhere but not in the hotel. - Bella! 

- I'm okay Sebastian, I'm in my room but I've heard gunshots, - Bella was sitting on the edge of her bed which was the farthest place from the windows. Her voice was shaking while she was whispering trying to calm herself down. 

- Ma'am, have you heard them on your floor or outside? - The policeman put the phone on speaker, they both got inside of the van to protect themselves from a possible attack. The chaos and uncertainty were taking over everyone, but it wasn't helping anyone. 

- Outside. I closed all the doors and windows,  - Bella almost went crazy when she heard some noise coming out from the street, but not from the corridor. A girl tried to do her best self to not show what feelings were taking over her. She walked to the window for a moment, making sure that it was too hide to get out. 

- It'll be over soon honey, don't worry, - Sebastian had to play the unknown yet side of his role. In front of all the policemen, he had to be a loving husband, showing off his nervous feelings and losing his temper from time to time. But, a deep feeling of real fear hid somewhere inside of his soul. Stan found himself silently praying for it all to be a nightmare, but not the reality. 

- Make sure you're not next to the windows, we still know how many of them are there. - Mr.Jones knew that it was also important to keep those who are inside alive. Every single life is important and the faster they understand the situation and end the attack the better it will be. - Put the chair or table against the door so it will be harder for them to get in the worst case. 

- Sebastian, I'm so damn scared, - Bella pointed her attention at the words: "the worst case" and let her emotions take her over. A single drop fell down her cheek and she almost got under the bed, hearing the noise. She put a chair closer to the door, trying to be as silent as possible but to protect her own self. 

- I'll get you out of there, - Sebastian whispered on the phone trying to calm her down, promising himself that nor she nor he will ever stay at the hotel.  - I promise. 

The man caught the look of a policeman on him and tried to hear the conversation in the background with no plan in his head on what to do next. Stan sat in one of the chairs, looking around and squeezing his hands through his hair playing a worried man. Or was he really worried?