Fourteen.

Los Angeles will always be the city that is the best seen from the top, not in the car when you're stuck in a traffic jam. The atmosphere was cold and silent as no one has said a word since the car drove off from Bella's hotel. Maybe it was completely foolish of her to get in the car with the man she knows for a couple of days and drive away in an unknown direction. His eyes were busy walking around the streets with people who might be having their last time in the city of angles. Sebastian wondered how did he end up in the position he is now and where has his soul and passion for life hide, but a brunet decided to take him away from his deep thoughts. 

- So, what is this meeting about? - Bella cleared her throat silently, getting more comfortable on the backseat of his car and mentally getting ready for the evening. 

- Well, a casual evening meeting like your dad is doing at the end of each week, - Sebastian took all his attention away from the window and made eye contact with her while looking at the traffic ahead. - Don't talk about something you don't know.  

- Basically, you want me to be a silent accessory by your side? - She raises her eyebrow, knowing the reason behind her appearance at this event. Deep inside she knew that he won't give her an answer to this question, and that's exactly how everything ended up.

And instead of an answer he walked out of the car and walked to the other side opening the door for her as a real gentleman would do. The car was parked at a fancy entrance of the Ritz-Carton hotel, were on the upper floor business part of wealthy people were going to have a casual event like a thousand times before. 

They walked into the large ballroom with live music and a relaxed atmosphere. Even though everyone was talking, there was no feeling as if one voice is talking in the room. Waiters were offering drinks and appetizers among those who already wanted to go home. Sebastian kept a little distance from Bella but it would be still seen that they were here together. 

- It's nice to see you here Sebastian, - One of his partner's wife met with Sebastian and Bella at the table with drinks, and gave a look to her escort girls are usually getting. - And with a lady. 

- Good evening, - Bella smiled with an edge of her lip and took a glass of champagne taking a small sip of it at the same very moment. 

- I'll leave you for a moment ladies, - Sebastian was looking with his eyes for his favorite drink and as soon as he has found a glass of whiskey, the man went to greet his business partners. 

- Well, we think that your new project is great. What are your thoughts about it, Bella? - Martha tried to start a conversation with a young lady in front of her or was just hungry for gossips from the life of a young businessman Stan who was the most well-known bachelor in the city. 

- I haven't seen it yet, - Bella smiled for a second, holding a glass in her hands, and let her eyes walk around the hall looking for someone she might know.  - But I'm sure that it's great.

- I should say that your husband is pretty talented in business, - A woman took a step in this game well knowing what she had to do, but play it safe so no one around would be interested in their conversation. 

- We're not married, - She tried to stay still but this conversation was definitely making her uncomfortable and from the nervousness Hadid had, she didn't notice how her glass became empty. 

- Oh, I thought every couple in here are married, - Martha played surprise on her face and thanked everything she could for an acting class she had back in her youth years. 

- Maybe we're an exception, - A girl smiled, placing a glass on the table with an understanding that if she will drink some more it won't be good for her either for Sebastian. 

- Or just likes beautiful ladies by his side, - A woman winked to her and took a sip of the bloody-red drink she had in her hand from the beginning of the evening. 

- I beg you a pardon, - She felt sick to her stomach with the comparison this woman was giving her. 

Bella walked out from the table and was trying to find Sebastian. She felt the eyes of people around her, maybe because she was a new face and someone unknown in this circle. All the nerves disappeared when she saw Sebastian who just finished his conversation with someone she has never seen before. 

- We need to talk, now, - Bella lowered her voice a little with a clear understanding that they didn't need any unwanted witnesses of this conversation. 

- I'll meet you on the balcony in 5, - Sebastian started to understand that something was odd and pointed out an exit to the balcony with his eyes for her.