Thirty third

The sun was setting down in the city of stars. Nightlife in the city was opposite to the one that was happening in the morning or even afternoon. If the sun was showing more official and business side of the city, the night with the moon was taking everything dark from the darkest corner and letting all people of the city dance with their devils.

Sebastian was holding a glass of whiskey when his eyes were traveling around the city. He knew that Bella was a bit late to the party and didn't move for a while as Stan was lost in his thoughts. Thoughts about his pasts were taking him over from time to time. The moments of his life when he had no business to do and could just enjoy life were so far away from him, and sometimes a man could think that it was a miracle, but not the reality.

- You're late, - Stan has heard the echo of her heels behind him. When you know someone for quite a while you can find out them from just a smell of their favorite perfume or even the way they walk.

- Traffic is just horrific, we were stuck at one place for an hour, - Bella was holding a glass of champagne in her hands and stood next to Sebastian examining the landscape of the city.

- Glad you're finally here, let's join everyone, - He grabbed Hadid's hand in his and when the first cold wind went through the balcony they walked towards the door to hide inside of the building.

The room was usually filled with people but now, only their closer circle was enjoying the drinks and the company of each other. Mainly there were family members of Bella and some friends from Sebastian. He greeted everyone earlier and decided to wait for her to meet everyone as he was taking the place of one of the couches in the room.

Hadid took some time to look around and to decide who to greet first. One glass of liquor changed another and relaxation took her over. Sometimes a good company and a couple of drinks were everything you want after a long time. At first, she decided to spend some time with her dad with whom she met some times in a month because of the work.

- Bella! - Gigi couldn't wait any longer and hugged Bella as soon as she saw her sister alone for a moment with no one around.

- Oh, I missed you so much, - Bella looked even happier when she saw her closest sister and got in a warm and tight hug. After spending a while in arms of each other, the brunette noticed how the tummy of her sister grew since their last meeting and couldn't keep her hand to herself but touch it carefully and tenderly.

- Can I hide behind you? I don't want to show my baby bump at the moment, - A blonde girl noticed a photographer next to them and whispered those words into Hadid's ear trying not to make it so obvious to anyone else around.

- Sure, - Brunette smiled at the cam trying to hide her sister as much as she could. The whole family knew that Gigi's pregnancy was a secret and had to stay out of the press for as long as it was possible to do so.

Sebastian took some time away from Bella trying to get closer to her family. Even though he and Mohamed were business partners, they were quite close to each other. From time to time Hadid would even consider Stan his son in the world of business. But, a man knew that he had to be closer with all the other members of her family to be a real part of it which was a hard task to do.

- Mr. Hadid, it's a pleasure to see you, - Sebastian smiled when Mohamed joined him on the couch with a glass of whiskey for a man and a glass of juice for him.

- I'm so glad that you invited me, Sebastian, - Hadid sat down looking around at his kids, his ex-wife, and his current wife. Many people think that it was hard to keep everyone around in a friendly environment and try to spend more time with each other to create a strong bond. - We look like a real family now.

- I really hope so, - Stan smirked a little watching Bella at the other side of the room with her brother and Dua. Even from there, he could hear her laugh as his hand reached a small box in his pocket before a man finally decided that it was the time.

After some time of enjoying drinks and appetizers, they all joined the table to have dinner. Some inner jokes, awkward silence, and small talks were passing around the table with plates of various food. It took a while for them to finish the food and come back to what they were doing before. The family and close friends walked to the balcony. The stars were shinning a bit in the sky, and the smoke was not letting them shine as much as it could. Tall lamps were keeping the area warmer and not to let the people freeze while having a conversation. Sebastian put his hand around Bella's shoulders as they were listening to Yolanda about plants on her farm.

- I and Bella are so happy so you all here, it's always great to spent time with the whole family, especially now, - Stan raised his voice a little to make everyone pay attention to him. A man caught Bella's eyes on him and a smile appeared on his face.

- And we should meet more often for sure! - Dua enjoyed another glass of wine while holding herself closer to Anwar. It was her first meeting with his whole family and a girl showed with her full expression that she definitely liked that.

- But before we leave, I would like to do one thing... - Stan sat more comfortably before completing the sentence. - Bella, we know each other not for so long, but you took a special place in my heart. And here, with our family around I would like to take this important step for both of us. Will you marry me?

She looked around with eyes full of fear from the most unexpected turn in her life. He left her no other choice but to agree in the room full of people who she didn't want to let down. - Of course, I will Sebastian!

A ring with a 15-carat diamond showed off from a small box in Sebastian's hand. Bella's hand was shaking as the ring slid up her finger. Man's lips covered hers in a quick, but tender kiss. Everyone around was happy for them, but she didn't really know if that was the happiness she was looking for. A little smirk appeared on Sebastian's face when a flash from a camera reflected in the window behind them.