fourty five

The sun was setting on the horizon and leaving the city in the light of yellow artificial light as more people were leaving their houses towards the nightlife. The city was ready to show its other side - the one you could read about in books of Beigbeder, rather than French classic literature writers. The city of love was easily becoming a city of lust as soon as the sun left the people till morning. Usually, after the fashion shows, everyone would keep parting on the after party till the morning and then come back to the usual rhythm of life. Sleepless nights full of alcohol were a part of her job, but instead of holding a glass of champagne and having a conversation with fellow models, Bella was holding Sebastian's hand as they jumped in a black car.

- You better take me to the hotel with fresh pizza because I'm tired as hell, - Hadid whispered in Seb's ear as she noticed an unknown figure in the car sitting on the front passenger side.

- I promise you that I will but after our first stop, - Stan looked out of the window at the shinning Eiffel Tower. His thoughts were more messy than usual, but deep inside he knew that he was doing everything right.

- What do you mean? - A girl got even more confused than ever. The whole atmosphere inside the car was even somewhat scaring her. If next to her was not the person she knew for a while and called her fiancé, then her inner panic would be already screaming.

- You'll see, - It was the last phrase Sebastian said during their road trip. Deep inside Bella knew that there was no hope of getting any more information from him and all she had to do is wait.

The road was about 20 minutes which seemed endless to her. The black car drove straight to the main entrance of the hotel Shangri-La that looked like an ordinary building from first sight. Sebastian didn't let go of Bella's hand as soon as they walked out of the car. They both walked towards the four-story building. At first, Hadid caught herself thinking that she was in some French love story because the buildings looked the way they do in any romantic movie. But as they walked into the hotel lobby all her attention was caught by the chandelier above the biggest bouquet of fresh white roses she has ever seen. Sebastian smiled and nodded to a receptionist while the mysterious man from the car still followed them. She even wanted to ask why they needed a bodyguard but remained silent as they left the building and got inside of the private garden on the backside of the building.

The view on the blinking lights of the Eiffel Tower was breathtaking. The green tall trees and flowers in tall vases gave a special atmosphere to the garden. It was lighted up with subtle lights above, leaving moderate-dark lightning that could be used in the movies for the scene of a date.

- It's a magical place, - Bella whispered finally for the first time after they left the car. Her eyes were walking around as if she was running around with her bare feet on the greenest grass. They stood right in the middle and she didn't even think about the man from the car who stood next to them.

- Isabella Hadid, - Sebastian quietly cleared his throat maintaining eye contact, and gave Bella a bouquet of white roses which were brought by the employee of the hotel. - When we've met each other about a year ago you were in a white dress at the event of your father. I could never imagine that in a year we will be standing in Paris about to get married. You made my life magical. I will never forget the feelings I had felt when you were at that hotel and your smile when we got engaged. No other person except you was able to awake such feelings in me, but it was easy for you. I know that our families will eventually be mad at us because they aren't with us now, but I promise that back home we'll have a bigger and better ceremony. I couldn't let you be still Hadid in the city of love and lovers. My heart is yours, Isabella. Will you finally become my wife?

Bella stood silenced for a moment. One side of her wanted to run away through the trees of the garden, but the other side that loved Sebastian more than any other man in her life told her to stay. She finally realized that it was a worker of the American embassy holding a marriage certificate in a black folder ready to be signed by these two. Small tears of emotionless over Sebastian's speech quickly ran down her face, but brunette wiped them faster than anyone could ever notice. There she was, standing with the men of her dream trying to find the words to say.

- I will, Sebastian. You saved me back then, even though we're definitely not in Disney, you could be my prince in the story and well, our fairytale is real. I love you, - the last words slipped out of her lips fast and she couldn't even control her emotions at the moment.

Sebastian smiled and took out the pair of rings from the pocket of his jacket and a new ring with a bigger diamond was shining on her hand. His ring was made out of white gold even though it looked more like silver and had a small hard to notice diamond. Both of their signs in black ink were put on the paper that was a document proving the end of their old contract and the beginning of something new, still written on paper but unknown to both of them. The absence of his feelings except knowing that it was something he had to do was hidden by the dark Parisian night.