Chapter 11: Struggling

TW: EDNOS

Nolan woke up to Melissa knocking on the door, "Alec, Nolan?" She cracked open the door seeing them both trying to wake up. She came in as Alec sat up while Nolan was still trying to get up.

"How are you feeling?" she looked at him.

"Okay," Nolan looked her as he sat up; it was still hard for him to breathe and his arm was still in pain, but sleeping helped him at least regain some of his energy.

"Are you okay to come downstairs, or do you want me to bring something to eat up to you?"

Nolan wasn't ready to eat, but he knew he couldn't fight the woman, "I'll come down."

"Okay, I'll be downstairs," she smiled at him.

Alec watched him get up making sure he didn't need help. They went downstairs; Argent had got home at some point and was sitting at the table. Melissa had pasta and salad made for them. Nolan sat down across from the man beside Alec, feeling lightheaded again.

"How are you feeling?" Argent looked at him.

"Okay," Nolan shrugged his shoulders, "did you find out anything else?"

Argent shook his head, "it was them."

"I figured," Nolan looked down at his plate. Everyone else began to eat as he just stared at the food.

"Nolan, you need to eat," Melissa looked at him.

Nolan nodded and took a bite, instantly getting nauseous. He played around with food while the other three of them ate.

Melissa stared at him when they were done, "you can't try anymore?"

Nolan nodded his head, looking ashamed.

"It's okay," she took it away from him.

"Alec, you can stay home with Nolan tomorrow," Argent looked at him.

"I can go to school," Nolan looked up.

"Nolan, your house just burned down, and your mother was killed. You are more than welcome to take as much time as you need," the man looked at him.

"Nothing, I can do about it sitting in here," Nolan shrugged.

"Why don't you decide in the morning?" Melissa told him.

Nolan nodded.

"If you want to sleep in Scott's room you can, or you can stay with Alec," she looked at him, "we can go get you some clothes tomorrow."

"He's staying with me," Alec smiled.

Nolan gave him a small smile.

"Here's your bag from your car," Argent handed him it, "I picked it up earlier."

"Thanks," Nolan replied quietly.

Alec and Nolan retreated upstairs.

"You know you are allowed to show your emotions," Alec looked at him.

"Honestly, I'm not really feeling anything right now," Nolan said truthfully, "it's like everything is numb."

"You know I'm here for you," Alec grabbed his hand.
"I know you are."

Nolan went to go get a shower; he could still smell the smoke on him from the fire. He was just too tired earlier too. He felt the hot water go over his body; it felt good for a while until he felt the heat of the fire again. He began to panic and quickly turned the water off. He grabbed a towel and tried to calm himself, but all he could think about was his mother burning to death. He managed to get himself dressed and broke out of the bathroom, trying to calm himself down. Alec was sitting at his desk; when he turned to look at the boy. He heard his heartbeat increasing rapidly.