We Should Talk

Jay's face burned from the kiss from Harry. Never in his whole life had felt so warm, not even the time when he got locked out of his father's store and was stuck outside during a heatwave. Harry pulled away, grinning at Jay. Uma snorted in the corner of the room and left.

" Eh, don't mind her Jay. She's a wee bit jealous of you. " Jay, despite everyone thinking he was a playboy, had never been kissed before. He sat there simply gaping at Harry.

" Never been kissed before? " Jay shook his head, trying to regain his composure.

" Nah, I just didn't think I was your type. " Harry leaned back and licked his lips. He shrugged.

" Hot, tall, sexy and muscular. Oh yeah, you're my type. " 

Jay thought, what now? Harry was healed, Jay could leave. He got up to walk away before Harry grabbed his hand and urged him to sit down.

" Where are you going, I think we should talk. " 

" Okay, about what? "

" Us. " Jay tilted his head.

" There's an us now? "

" Always, ever since the ship at least. " Jay's mouth thinned in an attempt to hide his surprise. He wasn't entirely sure Harry remembered the ship, but hearing he did remember did wonders to Jay's heart.

" So when did you start liking me? We hardly know each other. " Jay asked. The pirate had often occupied Jay's thoughts, but he didn't think the same was true for Harry.

" Honestly, I've kinda been watching you since the ship. You peeked my interest. I remember the time you pick pocketed Gaston. When he find out later he was fucking pissed, it was hilarious. " Harry's face darkened as he continued. " At least until he took it out on Gil. " 

Jay didn't know that Gil got beaten by Gaston when he stole from his. Jay didn't know that Harry even watched him, he never noticed Harry in public before.

Harry's face brightened again as he gave Jay a smile that was too warm for his liking.

" You know when Gillie accidentally stabbed you? " Jay's hand went to the scar he had from the incident on his stomach.

" Yeah? So what? "

" And he told you I was gay? " Jay's face looked incredulous as he got what Harry was hinting at.

" Did you..."

" Tell him to tell you that, yeah, I didn't want to have to make the first move with you. I figured once you found this out, you'd confront me or something. I didn't expect you to get stabbed. " Jay laughed.

" It's the whole reason I got distracted and Gil even managed to stab me, it caught me off guard. " 

The two looked at each other for a bit, neither one of them saying anything. Harry looked over at Jay and quietly said.

" Things between us are going to be different now, but no matter what, we can't make what we have public. " That broke Jay a little inside, but he nodded.

" Okay. "