𝙙𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙞𝙣𝙜

I stood off to the side, watching the guests dancing around on the floor. My fingers gently drummed against my champagne glass, bored out of my mind.

"What do you think?" Xavier came to stand beside me.

"The ball?" I shrugged my shoulders. "It looks the same as last time."

"Not that. I meant the surprise."

"Oh, you mean my 'engagement'?"

He chuckled quietly. "You seemed surprised. Are you exited about it?"

"No. I want to make decisions for myself. I'm tired of mother and father doing it for me."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Let's dance shall we?" He grabbed my glass, and sat it on the small table behind me. "You're too young for that anyway."

"Yes, 13 is too young for champagne. But do you know what I'm not too young for? Marriage."

"Enough, y/n. It's over and done with. They made their decision."

I followed him out to the floor, and placed my hand in his, and the other on his shoulder. "You wouldn't be saying that if it was you being married off."

"Actually, I would."

"Why is this happening anyway?" I gasped. "Are we out of money? Is that why I'm marrying into the malfoy family?"

"Don't say that." His hand tightened on my waist. "We're not running out of money, y/n. And before you ask again, I don't know why they're doing this-"

He turned around and we both noticed draco standing there. His face was still expressionless since he came to fetch me.

"May I have a turn?" He questioned.

"Of course. Go right ahead." Xavier nodded once to me, and walked off.

I huffed, and got into dancing position with draco. "Why are you dancing with me?"

"Because it would look bad if we didn't dance together at least once tonight, and I don't want to dance with pansy."

He spun me around, and I caught sight of pansy's fiery gaze from the other side of the room. "Hmm... maybe she'll leave you alone, now."

"I doubt that. She's insufferable."

"I have a question, malfoy. And when I ask it, please don't get mad at me. Are you being nice to me, just because of the news? And did your mother tell you to?"

"Well, when I overheard our fathers talking about it, I decided myself to be nice to you, get to know you. And my mother came to talk to me a little bit ago, saying that it would be best if we didn't hate each other like we do now. But it was mainly my idea, at first."

I chewed on the inside of my cheek, not knowing how to feel about any of this. I'm ready for the night to be over with so I could go home.

Second part
Hope you liked it❤️