Chapter 20

I made my way into the visit room and sat at the table waiting for Kash to come in with my Novi. I was overly excited to see them. Him and his mom was taking good care of her for me. He spoke to his mom about me getting her back when I got out and she said long as I could provide a stable home and income they would give her back to me. Jordan paid our rent up for a whole year and a half so having a stable home wasn't a problem. I had high plans on getting my job back at Walmart. Technically I was still on maturity leave. All I did was think about ways to get my life on the right track and live for me and my daughter. I was gonna go back to school and finish strong. Our building had a day care and I already signed Novi up before she was born. And I was gonna work part time so any money I was gonna make I was gonna save it as well.

Kash walked into the visiting room and he didn't seem too happy. As He got closer to the table I noticed the scratch on his face and his neck. He sat Nova car seat on the floor by me and I took her out. "Are you okay.?!" I asked as I reached for her.

Yeah I'm good, sorry I'm a little late.

Don't apologize.....you have scratches on your face and neck you sure you okay.?

Yeah, me and Mya just got into it....what about you. You got a scratch on the right side of your face. He said moving closer licking his lips.

I beat the fuck out Ashanti.....

What Ashanti.?!

Your baby mom......I said cringing up.

What the hell for what.? When?

Well I guess she was feeling crazy about seeing you on the visit with me and I guess she had thoughts of Nova being yours.! She pulled up on me on some hostile shit like she wanted to fight right off the back.

Oh word.?

Yeah....she caught me In the bathroom shaking the doors and Shit while I'm tryna piss so I got up and beat the fuck out her ass.

She ain't gone learn until somebody kill her ass.! He said shaking his head, touching the scratch on my face.

She better learn quick cause I don't give a fuck.

You got to much to lose don't even fall into this Shit baby girl.! Word doe my moma can help you out with some jobs and Shit when you get out and I got my house back so if you and Nova need to stay a while y'all can.

Thank you but I have an apartment.....I'll probably work a second job if I can. I'm still on maturnity leave at Walmart.

Oh okay good. You know I'm always here to lend a hand if you need it mama.

I know, and I don't know how to repay you back for everything.

Don't worry about paying me back for nothing how many times do I have to tell you this?!

I know but you really just don't know how appreciative I am for all of it.

Yeah I do know......he smiled.
Our whole visit we talked and laughed the entire time. Nova slept in her car seat until she had to eat and I let him feed her. He was so good with her. I wish Jordan was here so bad to see how she's growing. I couldn't wait until this shit was over.!