Chapter 22

After a few days of being locked up in solitary confinement I was able to get my things. The CO's had brought most of my stuff to me. I didn't have much food so I was gone have to make it last for 3 weeks. All my bruises was healing fine but I heard that Ashanti had to go get her jaw wired shut. I still was so pissed off about this situation. They really tried to drown and jump me. This whole jail Shit was so unfair. I had to sleep most of my days away in here because it was the only things getting me by. well that and working out. I constantly did sit ups, and push ups all day and saying my multiplication tables over and over to keep me sane. I wrote in my journal at least three times a day. I just wanna let Nova know how sorry I am for leaving her, how I feel so disappointed and how I wanna do better for her so bad. I also wrote how I missed Jordan and how my heart hurted so bad for him. I just want one last hug and kiss and a goodbye. I was so fucked up from not being able to attend his funeral I thought about it constantly and looked at his obituary daily. I know he wouldn't want me to be sad and this depressed. But I couldn't help it. This situation wasn't making it no better I swear.

I laid on the bed with the covers over me day dreaming at the wall. I just wanna hold my baby so bad.

Promise phone call.! A CO said opening my cell door. "Do you want a phone call or not.?!" She asked with attitude.

Yeah.! I said nodding my head. I got up and put my slides on. I turned around and she cuffed me.

Look I shouldn't be telling you this but I like you and you damn sure don't deserve to be here. But some inmates are talking about killing you once your out of here for what happened to Ashanti make sure you protect yourself Ight, you hear me.? You better fight long and hard you got that beautiful baby depending on you to come home.! Make sure you make it out alive.! She said sternly in my ear walking behind me as we reached the phones. I nodded my head in fear. I took every word she said into consideration. She uncuffed me and stood guard at the booth door.

I walked over to the phone and it was two other girls in there on the phone. I looked up at the time and it was 12noon. I know Kash was in school and so was everybody else. I picked up the phone dialing a number that I wasn't sure would even work.

Hello.? A deep raspy voice said.

I swallowed hard before speaking.....

Hello.? He said again.!

Hi...hiii.! I spoke finally trying not to choke on my words.

Heyy. He said sadly.

Jayden Please don't say I told you so.! I sniffled a bit.

I won't Promise but I do hope you have learned your lesson.!

I did, and you were right.....I got led down a dark deep wrong path and I'm paying for it.

You Promise.?! A big dike girl asked coming into the phone area.

Why.?! I asked unsure.?

Cause this why.! She said nodding her head. The other two girls behind me who was on the phones dropped them and their conversations and stood behind me.

"Promise what the fuck is going on hellooooo.?" Jayden asked on the phone.

Y'all about to jump me or something.?! I asked standing up turning back around to face her.

We gone KILL YOU.! She said sternly. She punched me in my face and one of the girls wrapped something around my neck. They started jumping me while I was getting choked out. I felt a deep pierce to my stomach and than my side.

CODE RED CODE RED.! A guard yelled as I was let lose from being choked. I held my bleeding stomach. I had a knife sticking out in my side. As they was beating me. I was trying to fight back. Guards came running in the phone area beating everybody. I laid on the ground holding myself. A guard put my head in her lap and applied pressure to the wounds.

You gone make it baby girl.! You gone make it.! She screamed. And it was blood every where. My vision started to fade and I could almost see Jordan's face.