|3|

"I can't believe this is really happening," I mutter to myself under my breath, stepping aboard the large ship I used to be able to call my own at one point in my life. My eyes flicked around the metal cargo hangar a few times, seeing that practically nothing had changed. Well, if I were being honest, the place looked just a little darker and a little gloomier, but other than that, everything looked damn near identical. 

"Yeah, I can't believe this is really happening either," Mando mutters back, straightening his shoulders out as he followed me onto the dark-looking ship. I looked over my shoulder and lightly glared at him, furrowing my brows a bit. He holds his hands up in surrender and I just shake my head, continuing to make my way through the ship and to where my old room was. 

I take a long deep breath before pressing my hand to the door's control panel, watching the metal slabs slide open in front of me. I take a small step forward and let my brown eyes flick around the confined area. 

"Well, looks like you haven't really touched my room much," I sigh out, crossing my arms while leaning against the door frame of my cold, dusty room. The air was almost stale, even though the same air always circulated throughout the entire ship. Mando awkwardly hums, stepping up close behind me.  

Everything in my room was practically untouched, just as I had left it those long two years ago. I push off of the door frame and take a few more steps into the cold room, running my pointer finger over one of the high-rise shelves that had been bolted to the walls. As I turn my finger over, I spot a thick layer of dust lining the pad of my finger. I let out a small sigh and nod my head, turning around and heading over to the bed as I looked around a little more. I take a seat on the plush mattress.

Even the sheets were a little dusty. 

"Thank you for agreeing to help us," Mando says, stepping into the doorway of my room. I hold in a sigh, trapping it deep in my chest before speaking. 

"It's you and the kid, Mando. No matter what the situation or problem is, I'm going to be there to help as long as you want or need me," I say, shaking my head while finally letting out the sigh that I had been holding in. I take another deep breath and then slowly lean my head back, closing my eyes as I tried to think about what I was about to say. "And please stop acting like that," I mutter in a wispy breath, knowing that I might be pushing his buttons by even saying something like that.

"Acting like what?" he asks, his tone soft yet rough. 

"Acting like I'm some random stranger that you just met in a cantina, who's agreed to help you on some vague job that might get them killed, but they're still willing to help anyway because a Mandalorian holding an adorable kid asked them to nicely," I say, rubbing a hand over my face in an attempt to calm myself down. I was starting to get snappy and that's not exactly what I wanted right now, but I couldn't seem to help it when it felt like he was walking on eggshells around me. "Two years can change a lot in a person, but not much has changed for me. I'm still the same woman you knew before everything happened. So would you please-"

"You mean, you want me to stop acting like I haven't seen my wife in two years because I thought she was dead and I feel like I don't even know how to talk to her without feeling like I might set off an emotional bomb?" he snaps back at me, the anger he had been holding in finally coming out. So it seems that I'm not the only one getting snappy today. "How do you want me to talk to you? Like this?"

He aggressively pushes off the doorframe he had been leaning on, instantly storming over to where I was sitting on my bed. I start to scoot towards the middle of the bed in an attempt to put some distance between me and the Mandalorian that was scarily storming towards me in large strides.