The bus ride

"Ok do you have at least 4 shirts," Bakugo growls at the bakusquad, who is kneeling on the floor of the foyer with their packs. They nod.

"Count," he says, and the entire group sighs, pulling out their shirts and counting them.

Bakugo goes through the rest of the packing list, with someone hurrying off to fetch something they forgot every now and again.

"Right, you guys should be lucky I'm here with the amount of stuff you had to get," he announces when the list is finished, and flops onto the couch.

"WHOO," Mina yells, "I'm so excited! This is gonna be awesome!"

"Ugh, all the boys are together so I have sleep in the same room as shitty Deku," Bakugo groans.

"Come on man, he's not that bad!" Kirishima says, but Bakugo quickly responds with a glare.

"You can bunk with me or Kiri bro!" Kaminari offers. Bakugo looks at Kami, then at Kiri, then back at Kami.

"I'd rather bunk by myself thank you," he growls.

"Dude there's an even amount of boys, you're gonna be forced to bunk with someone," Kirishima argues.

Bakugo seems to think about it, still scowling.

"No."

"What do you mean no!?"

"No, I won't be bunking with anyone."

Kaminari sighs.

"Hey dude, you can bunk with me, and Kiri can bunk with Bakugo over there," Sero offers. Kaminari nods gratefully.

"Yeah, sounds good bro."

Even though he offered, Kaminari never really wanted to bunk with Bakugo. It's just that he and Kiri are the only ones who would ever get out of it alive.

"You can't just decide that without including me in the conversation," Bakugo complains.

"We did include you in the conversation. You removed yourself from the conversation."

Bakugo can't really say anything to that.

Aizawa walks into the foyer and looks around.

"Who're we waiting for?" He asks after counting everyone. "We're missing two people.

With a quick glance around, Mina spots the two missing boys coming down the stairs.

"Midoriya and Todoroki are right there sir!" She says, pointing at them. He nods.

"All right. Is everyone ready? We need to leave by 9, but the earlier we leave, the earlier we get there and the more time you get to set up." Everybody stands up and picks up their packs.

"Ok. Let's go," he says, then walks out the doors again, so the class follows him. He yells at them to get on the bus, so they all drop their bags in the storage compartment beneath the bus, and get on as quickly as possible.

Of course, Bakugo doesn't care, so he takes his sweet time. When he steps onto the bus, he simply matches Aizawa's glare.

The class prepares for a long bus ride, settling into their seats. Kaminari next to Sero, Bakugo by himself, Kirishima with Mina and Jirou with Ururaka. (Can't have them touching now can we?)

"This'll be four hours of bus ride. No complaining. I swear to god Bakugo if you blow up the bus I'm calling your parents."

Bakugo just scowls at him.

"The rest of you, don't wake me up, or you'll regret it for the rest of the trip." And with that he zips up his sleeping bag and slumps into the front seat.

"Kami, Sero, wanna play with us?" She waves a pack of cards in the aisle.

"Sure."

She deals them out, and they start to play old maid. (Literally the only card game you can play on a bus)

"Hey!" Sero yells, glaring at Kami, who just gave him the joker.

"I'm gonna get you for that," he says, wagging his finger at him.

"Mhm. Sure." Kaminari stifles his giggles. Sero shuffles his cards and stretches across Kami and the aisle to offer them to Mina.

"Aw man," she whines. "Now I might get it."

Kaminari just laughs evilly again.

~~~~

"Guys this is boring we've been playing for an hour," Kami says suddenly. He's also noticed that Kirishima hasn't been paying enough attention, which has been slowing down the play.

"Shhh," Kirishima says, pointing at Bakugo, who is seated behind Kami and a Sero.

They turn around to look, and see Bakugo leaning with his head on the window, leaning on his jumper, sound asleep. For the first time ever, the group gets to see him without a frown on his face.

"Nawwww, he's so cute!" Mina whispers.

"Don't let him hear you say that," Kaminari whispers back, as she pulls out her phone. She turns it on silent and takes a few pictures, before stowing it back into her pocket.

"He's going to literally kill you," Kirishima whispers.

"He doesn't have to know. And none of you are going to tell him, are you?" She glares at us, and of course we know the answer.

"You gotta send them to me," Kaminari says.

"I'll send them to all of you. Later though," she grins at the other three, and they grin back.

"So what're we gonna do now?" Sero asks.

"Idk. I brought some books, so that's what I'm gonna do," Mina responds.

"Can I borrow one?" Kiri asks, and Mina hands one over. He looks at it and scrunches up his nose.

"Really? A sappy romance novel? "Two people without soulmates, three reasons they should stay away from each other, one true love." Mina seriously?"

"I'll read it if he's not going to," Kaminari says, holding out his hand, and Mina passes it to him.

"Never took you for a romance lover," Sero comments, laughing.

"Well, I'm not really. But it's not terrible, and I was unorganised and didn't bring a book or something. I left my phone at the dorms because Mr Aizawa's taking them off us anyway." He opens it and starts to read the introduction.

"Ok, if you say so," Sero says, pulling out his phone.

"Mm," Kaminari replies, now distracted by the book and not really caring.

"Ugh, Mina do you have any other books, ones that aren't sappy romance novels?" Kiri complains.

Mina looks at him, then pulls a Woman's Weekly out of her bag. Kaminari looks up and laughs at him.

"First in best dressed," he gloats, waving his book.

"No, this is fine," Kiri grits through his teeth, and opens the magazine to the first page. He glances down and then looks up and shuts it immediately.

"What's going on with her boobs?!" He whisper shouts to Mina, showing her the page. She glances down.

"That's what the article's about Kiri. Read it yourself." Then she goes back to her own book.

He hesitantly re-opens the magazine, putting his hands over one of the pictures, and starts reading the article.

"Whyyyyyy," he whispers to himself a few minutes later.

The other three just laugh at him.