Untitled Part 15

Hey guys, it feels like its been forever. Anyways I have an Idea that I really want your guys opinions on. I write these like two page short story type things and I really want to show some of them to you guys so I was going to try something. I was going to make a new story and every week I'll type and put a new story up for every chapter. Would you guys read or should I just focus on this story? Please tell me soon because I want to know if I should start it soon or not. Please let me know and also enjoy this chapter…..

"Hazel Grace" He said as I took his arm. "Augustus Waters" I say as I close the door to the room. My mother didn't need a goodbye she would live without one. We made our way down to the lobby and I sat down on the overstuffed chair by the main door, waiting for Augustus to get directions to Oranjee. Which apparently was a restaurant that Peter Van Houten's Assistant recommended.

Augustus came back and took my arm while he was telling me all about how the front desk lady was really surprised that I asked for directions because Apparently everyone that comes to Amsterdam knows Amsterdam. "Well then where are we going Mr. Clueless" I say and he laughs. "Clueless?" he asks. "Yeah because apparently you didn't get the Amsterdam memo about knowing where to go" I say and he looks at me like he was genuinely offended.

"There was a memo, how could you not tell me?" He says and I laugh as he smirks. We walk out of the Fillosoaf and towards a bus station. We got our tickets and handed them to the man who was standing by the train. When we did he gave us this weird look as he explained that we had to wave them under this little sensor thingy. We waved the tickets then walked onto the bus.

There was one two person seat left so we took it. We were just sitting there making small talk as a couple more people came onto the bus. We were about to leave the station when an old couple came onto the bus The old women was guiding the old man, who had thick black glasses on. He was blind.

I grabbed Augustus's hand and stood up as I waved to the old women who began guiding her assumed husband towards the seat. "Thank you" she says to me and I just nod and smile. "We would stand up but Charlie here can't see where he's going and might fall into someone" she says and I just nod again. Augustus was striking up a conversation With charlie who was facing me but talking to him.

"You know everyday I thank god for him, blind or not" The old women says as she looks at him. "I know what you mean" I say as I look at Augustus, who just so happens to be teaching Charlie how to not smoke. As we ride the bus we keep talking to them as they tell their stories but the one that charlie had told us, won't be leaving my mind anytime soon.

He was telling me he knew he was going blind because he was slowly losing him vision. He said he woke up one morning and he knew it was his last day having limited sight. He said he took Grace, the old women, all around Amsterdam and the spent the day doing all the things they've always wanted to do. He said by the time they got home it was early in the morning. So him and grace took a camera and went inside their bathroom and took mirror pictures on a Polaroid.

He said it was so that Grace could always see his eyes in the pictures. He showed us the pictures and I almost Gasped as I saw them. They Were Yellow at the edges and the people in the pictures were young. Maybe mid twenties and the boy was smiling wide eyed at the mirror as the girl looked at him. One had her kissing him, and the last one was my favorite, Charlie was holding Grace and Grace was holding the camera and it looks like it was an accident shot because both of them weren't looking at the mirror but at each other.

The last part I will remember though. He told me and Augusts as they both went to bed that night that we was almost completely surrounded by blackness and so he looked and Grace and told her that her eyes were always so said that shes the reason that he went blind in the first place, because her beauty was too much on his eyes. He just keeps smiling throughout the whole story.

He wasn't sad that any of it happened. He just looked happy. Our stop was coming near and so we started saying our goodbyes when Charlie pulled out his wallet and took out one of the pictures. It was the one where he was smiling all wide eyed. "Take this" he said as he held the picture towards us. "We could never" Augustus says and Grace smiles. "We insist" she says to us. "That means too much to you guys we couldn't" I say and Grace and Charlie both smile.

"We used to have five of these you know." She said as I raised my eyebrows up. "We give them to people like you two, we give them to the couples that we know will end up like us, that will end up happy with their outcome" she says. "Me and Augustus we aren't-" I say as Augustus cuts me off. "You're giving us a start to a story that you've already had the chance to finish?" Augustus asks. "Me and Charlie already got our ending so now we want to give you both a beginning" She says as the bus comes to a hault. Its our stop.

"It was nice meeting you both really " I say to the couple who look sad that we are leaving. I see Augustus slip Charlie a Cigarette as Charlie puts the picture into Augustus front shirt pocket. He kisses Grace's hand and tells her goodbye as we get off the bus and look at the restaurant in front of us. "That was intriguing" Augustus says as he holds open the door to Oranjee. "It definitely was something" I say as we approach a young looking Hostess whose eyes light up as she sees us. "Mr and Mrs waters, welcome to Oranjee."