Chapter 27

"You're a freak." "Everyone hates you." "Waste of air."  The words crashed into me, sending me in a wave of terror. "Why won't you die already?" The cruel words cut right through me like a knife. With every word that erupted from the mouths of the people in the room, it felt as if I was losing breath. My lungs felt like they were filling with water. Many people were in the crowd, but few stuck out to me. In the front of the crowd stood Dan and Phil. Right in the middle of the crowd and standing closer to me that any of them was Jenna. Her teeth were clenched together as she growled out insults. It wasn't long until Dan and Phil stepped forward and were taking turns screaming insults into my face. "I only kissed you out of pity," Dan whispered into my ear. It all disappeared into a dark mess. Everything turning black.

I shot up, breathing heavily. I felt something on my shoulder and I jumped, moving my head quickly to see what it was. Dan stood there, looking at me worriedly. He reached his hand out to me, but I only shook my head, warm tears starting to run down my cheeks. I quickly wiped my eyes and my cheeks off. "Megan, it was just a dream..." Dan tried to assure me, but I shook my head. "Megan... I'm not going to hurt you." Dan said, moving onto the bed. This time I didn't move. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer to him. "Did... Did you.. kiss me out of pity?" I whispered. "What? Of course not." Dan moved so that his eyes met mine. "You said that you did..." Dan gave me a confused look before realization hit him. "In your nightmare?" I nodded and Dan wrapped his arms around me. "Meg, I would never do that to you..." I buried my face into his shoulder. His hand rested on the back of my head. "Dan?..." I mumbled into his shoulder. "Yeah?" "Please... don't ever leave me." "I promise."

He was gone the next morning.

**Really short, idec. Okay, so I need to go to sleep because I have to go to church tomorrow, but I thought that I should update.

I hate self-promoting, but I just started a new story and I'm really excited about it. It's called 'Mission: Internet Star'. It's about an assassin who gets assigned to kill Dan. I got the idea while watching Criminal Minds. Idek how, but I like it and I'm gonna go with it. So yeah, it would mean so much if you could go read that. I might be updating that a lot lately. 

Okay, thanks for reading! Love you all! (:**

[Edit from 2017: ^^ That story was deleted, but I'm bringing it back for my 5 year anniversary on Wattpad! Along with possibly Demonic Love, Skype (highly doubt, but possible), and Partners in Crime.]