Chapter 29

"Wait, you remember?" She nodded. "You and I met in a metal hospital after I was admitted for a suicide attempt. You got out a week before I did and once I did get out, I moved in with you guys. I was trying to help you pick who you liked when you had to go to the hospital. While you were having surgery, I told Dan that you picked PJ, and I hate it, but I kissed Dan. Phil got mad. You and Dan got together and you found out that I kissed Dan. You yelled at me for it and I attempted suicide." She sighed. 

"I remember when I called Phil into the bedroom. You and Dan were asleep in Dan's room. Everything got blurry and Phil came in. The look on his face when he spotted the pill bottles as well as the bleach bottle behind me was terrible. He started freaking out, just before my vision went dark." She mumbled. "I shouldn't have yelled at you. Phil wouldn't stop telling me that it was my fault. He told me to get out, so I did. I was living on the streets for a week before PJ found me and took me in." She looked up at me, "That really happened?" Arianna whispered out. I nodded, moving my hand up and down my arm. "You need to catch me up." She said. "Okay," I agreed.

"I don't know if I want to get back together or not..." I mumbled out. "Wow.." Arianna said. I nodded. There was a knock at the door and I sighed before getting up, walking to the door and swinging it open. Phil's big smile greeted me. "I was bored, so hi," He said. I laughed under my breath. Phil will be so excited. I looked back to see Arianna smiling wide. "Hey, guess what." I exclaimed. "What?" Phil asked, beaming with curiosity. I laughed before replying, "She remembers!"

I had spent the last hour and a half with Arianna and Phil. We were having weird conversations. I stepped out of the room, claiming that I was tired when really, I wanted to leave Phil and Arianna alone. As I stepped out of the room, I heard the soft tone of piano strings erupting from the slightly open door to Dan's room. I pushed the door open slowly, as to not let him see me. I saw him sitting in front of the piano, fingers grazing over the keys over and over, creating a beautiful melody. I smiled at his concentration over the instrument. He suddenly stopped when he spotted me standing at the doorway. "Sorry, I just really like when you play the piano. It sounds beautiful," I said, looking down. Dan laughed under his breath. "Come here," I heard him say. I looked up and raised my eyebrows before walking over to him. He patted his lap and I laughed, "Really?" He nodded, "Yes, really. Don't worry, I won't do anything." He let out a laugh. I rolled my eyes and shook my head before I gave in and sat down on his lap. He took my hands and placed them on the piano keys, his hands rested on top of mine. He pressed down, leading my fingers to where they needed to be and pressing them down onto the white and black keys. I was smiling wide as the music reached my ears. I felt Dan's head rest on my shoulder as his hands continued to lead mine across the line of keys.

 We reached the end of the song and Dan pulled his hands away from mine and lifted his head up from my shoulder. I turned my head to look at him, still smiling. Dan laughed, "You look so cute when you're amused." I felt my cheeks heat up and I looked away. "Did I just make you blush?" Dan asked, laughing. "No.." I said, hesitantly. I looked back at him. A smile was plastered wide across his face. We both laughed as our eyes met. "We're so weird," I said, still slightly laughing. "Yeah, but it's a good kind of weird, right?" Dan asked. I nodded, "Of course, it is." Dan's hands rested on my waist. 

"Oh, Arianna remembers everything now," I informed him. Dan nodded, "Awesome. Are you two okay though?" Dan's face fell a bit, most likely remembering just what happened. "Yes, and Dan?" His eyes met mine again, "Yeah?" I bit my lip before replying, "I'm not leaving again. I promise." Dan smiled weakly. "That's just another time that our relationship was screwed up," he sighed. "I just needed a break from all the relationship drama, Dan. Ending... us.. didn't really help much," I mumbled. 

"Can I see the bruises again?" Dan's question struck me unexpectedly. "Why?" I asked, biting my lip after the words slipped from my mouth. "I want to see how much I messed up," He whispered. "Dan... You didn't-" Dan cut me off, "Please.." I sighed and lifted up my shirt lightly. The bruises had turned to ugly, yellow stains upon my skin. I hesitantly raised up my sleeves, revealing more bruises as well as some recent cuts. His eyes instantly went to the deep red marks in lines across my skin.