Chapter 22...

Chapter 22:

Gemma’s P.O.V:

Me and Ash had been searching for four hours straight, I could see he was tired and upset and I thought it would be best to go home. Ash needed sleep and someone to be there for him. I was on the phone to Jess. Leaving Ash sat on the kerb I walked away to talk to Jess in private “Ash is so upset Jess” I whispered “I think were gunna call it a night and trek back to the hospital” She fell silent and even made me jump when she suddenly replied “Im just gunna check around the outside of the house!” she rushed “Just to make sure!” and then the line went dead. I didn’t see any problem with her plan but I was still weary. Traipsing over to Ashley I pulled him to his feet “Let’s get back to the hospital” I whispered burying my head in his neck as he wrapped his arm around me. We walked for about 20 minutes before we reached the hospital doors. I knew the routine and bounded up to the desk “Heya” I put on a brave face “Were here to see Mr-” and then my phone rang…

Ashley’s P.O.V:

We waltzed though the doors and I automatically dropped into a seat nearest the exit, I didn’t want to be in here long! Surely Stef would be able to be discharged by now! “Hello? What? What do you mean? Oh my god! No! Stay there, we’ll be there ASAP!” Gemma cried frantically into her mobile before rushing through the crowd to get back to me “We need to go!” she panicked, interlocking her fingers with mine “I will explain in the car”

We had been driving for no more than 2 minutes when suddenly I burst “What is going on Gemma!?” I shrieked, once again my voice cracked and tears streamed down my face. She bowed her head and I could feel her stare burning into the side of my head. “It’s Stefan…He’s at home!” My grasp tightened on the steering wheel and I could feel the tears brimming up in my eyes. My foot starting to press down on the pedal, a little bit at a time. Soon enough we were doing 60, then 70 and then 80…I pulled into the driveway and pulled to a sharp halt! We raced out of the car and through the front door. Jess and Stefan were sprawled out on the spare bed in the games room with the TV on! Both were asleep and both had red, tear stained cheeks. They looked so peaceful but I knew we had to wake up Stef to get him checked over by a doctor.

Jessika’s P.O.V:

I had just shut the door and turned around; my feet took over me as they pounded the gravel leading away from the house when suddenly something collapsed into my arms. I fell to the floor but felt somehow relieved, I looked at the frail body that lay in my arms…STEFAN! This time I wasn’t going to fail him. Inner strength came from somewhere and I heaved him up, leaning him on my shoulder. I took him inside the house, closing the door behind us, our journey continued through the house and I lay him down on the pull out bed in the games room. I went and got some paracetamol and a glass of water and put them by his bedside, they probably wouldn’t make a difference to the horrendous pain but it was better than nothing. Looking down at the empty space next to Stef my eyelids suddenly became heavy. Maybe just one minute, it’ll be fine! I thought curling up next to my now boyfriend, he moved in his sleep and wrapped his arm around me. Despite the circumstances I wouldn’t of wanted to be anywhere else at that moment in time…