chapter twelve

"your house is bigger."

"but I don't want to be the one cleaning the mess."

"you're lying. you never clean up because someone does it for you."

"can't we just do it at your house?"

"you have a theater room at yours so it'll be more fun."

the others watch jay and jake argue whose house they were gonna use for their sleepover this Saturday. they just finished a hell week so they made a plan to bond as a group but they can't decide which house they were going to.

"oh come on. just decide already." sunoo groans.

"jake just let us in yours." heeseung told the younger. he was getting impatient too.

"but--"

"hey, what are you guys doing?" jungwon arrived in the table with ni-ki. 

that made jay feel tense and also jealous. it's been a week since they last talk. they are always in one table during lunch but jungwon never payed him attention, he was always talking with ni-ki. he started to feel lonely when heeseung started to join them, the table was full of love birds.

jungwon also wasn't answering his texts and calls. it was like jungwon just decided to forget he existed right after confessing. 

he wanted to fix things between them and maybe even ask jungwon out but it was hard when jungwon was obviously ignoring him. 

"they can't decide which house we'll be going to for tomorrow." sunghoon answered.

"oh. can't we do it at yours jay hyung?" jay got startled when jungwon mentioned his name. it was the first time he did this week. 

"uh yeah.. sure." he answers right away making the others laugh but they try to hide it from jay as possible or else they'll receive jay's wrath.

"good." jungwon smiles before looking at ni-ki. "you'll join us, right?"

that brought back the jealousy he was feeling. does jungwon likes ni-ki now? was it that easy for him to forget about his feelings for jay?

he look at them sadly before excusing himself from the table. he can't bear seeing the two together. 

regrets and what if's filled his mind. 

what if he realized his feelings sooner? will they be together now? 

"when are you planning to talk to him again?" ni-ki ask jungwon. the others didn't pay any attention to them since they were busy speaking with their lovers.

"I don't know. I still don't have the strength to do so."

"I understand but it's obvious that both of you are hurting because of this. your eyes clearly tell the longing for each other."

jungwon wasn't able to answer ni-ki. he wasn't able to notice what jay has been feeling. he was too focus on his own. 

"I gave you up because I know that you'll be happier with him." ni-ki mumbles but he still heard it.

"I know and I still feel sorry."

ni-ki shakes his head, smiling. "don't be. my feelings weren't that deep yet anyway."

"I still don't understand why you like me."

"trust me, anyone would."

"oh shut up." jungwon said and hits him in the side.

''I didn't know that the two of you are a violent couple." heeseung said after noticing them.

"oh we're not a couple, hyung." ni-ki said.

"but I thought.."

"my cousin likes that grumpy jay that just left." sunoo said in a teasing voice.

"just talk to him already wonnie. that guy is gonna explode out of jealousy." jake laughs.

"I will. maybe tomorrow during the sleepover." he smiles. he was excited to talk to him again.

"oh wait... the sleepover will be at his tomorrow, right? damn I'm in trouble." ni-ki said half kidding, half nervous causing all of them to laugh.

have a nice day everyone~

[written on November 19,2020]