20. Brainwashed

Please vote and comment;)

➵ ➵ ➵

Third Person's POV:

It was around 4 pm when Kaushik was lying on his bed, watching an action movie on his laptop.

Suddenly, his sister barged into his room.

Kaushik looked at her and shut his eyes in annoyance. His nose wrinkled as he slowly shook his head.

"What the hel-" he trailed off as he saw Raadha walk in. Suddenly, his expressions changed.

"Raadha is having dinner with us tonight." Mahima said staring at him before glancing at Raadha.

Mahima left the room, leaving both of them alone.

Raadha had already told Mahima everything. Mahima was surprised because she was aware of her brother's feelings.

Raadha kept staring at Kaushik as she was doing since she entered the room.

Her hands were folded in front her chest.

She took a deep sigh before closing the door behind her. "You know why I'm here, right? And you know that whatever you said yesterday about your feelings, was a lie... So now quickly tell me truth. And please don't say 'Nothing'."

Kaushik gulped hard, he kept lying on the bed. "What are you saying? I don't understand!", he said slowly trying to act normal.

Raadha shut her eyes in annoyance but suddenly opened them as she remembered something.

She started searching something on the bed. Kaushik got confused and said, "What do you want?"

She didn't replied and kept searching. She stopped as she finally found it. She picked up his phone from the bed side drawer.

It was kept there for charging. Then she unlocked his phone.

Kaushik's eyes swelled on seeing that she knows his password.

Then she stood there doing something on his phone. Kaushik who was lying on his bed since she came, now slowly sat up and spoke, "What are you doing?"

She looked at him with flat face and then looked back at his phone's screen and then showed him the mobile screen.

Kaushik's body froze as he stared at the mobile screen. It was his personal digital diary - his notes, where he used to write his feelings, feelings that he could not express in front of anyone. Though he had put a lock on it, he didn't know how she was able to unlock it.

'Was she spying on me? That's why they say keep different passwords for everything!', he thought.

He kept staring at his notes, yesterday's date was mentioned on the top of it and it was written clearly that he had lied to her yesterday and that he didn't feel good about lying to his best friend but it was necessary and was for everyone's good.

Raadha kept staring at him but when he didn't say anything she finally spoke, "I'm sorry for invading your privacy but it was important. I knew your phone's password since a long time ago and you were the one who told me that you write a diary in your notes.... I didn't want to do this but I had no choice..... Now will you please explain why was it necessary....."

Kaushik didn't spoke for a few minutes. He didn't wanted to tell this to anyone but now he had no choice. He knew that Raadha won't let this slide away so easily. He knew how stubborn she was.

He shut his eyes and finally spoke slowly in a broken voice, "We are not meant to be together....(he opened his eyes and looked at Raadha).....I'll bring her nothing but just bad luck. She'll never stay happy with me."

Kaushik started staring at the ceiling. Raadha kept staring at him confused. She could not process his words in her mind.

"What do you mean? What- what are you saying?", she asked confused.

Kaushik took a sigh and looked up at her. He kept staring at her for a few minutes before telling her what happened 6 month ago.

Flashback :

Kaushik's POV:

"Bro this is so beautiful! You are so lucky you live in Goa!", I said to Rohan.

We along with Rohan's friends were sitting on the sand on the beach watching the waves.

Suddenly, Rohan stood up saying, "Bro come on get up!".

"Why?", I asked confused.

"Come on!", he said pulling me.

➵ ➵ ➵

"Bro! What is this place?!", I whispered in Rohan's ear.

"Don't worry bro! I am here with you! Come on let's go!", he whispered back in my ear pulling me inside with him.

"Don't worry bro! It will be fun!", one of Rohan's friend said slowly.

The place which looked like someone's house had a very quiet and weird atmosphere.

The only source of light were the candles lighted in every corner. We walked inside the house.

It was around 8 pm in the evening. I curiously looked around. A soft piece of music was playing in the background.

I looked at Rohan standing beside me when he suddenly stopped.

I looked in the direction he was looking and there she was. A woman in her fifties. Her hair were short and very curly. She was sitting on a chair near a fireplace which helped me see her face clearly.

On a table in front of her she had her crystal ball. She was staring at me very weirdly.

"Sit!", Rohan whispered pushing me to sit on the chair in front of the fortune teller.

I kept staring at the fortune teller trying to figure out why she was staring at me so weirdly.

Then she looked at her crystal ball and spoke in a very weird accent, "I see a girl, soon to be a woman, the girl who will share your life. She will love you, she will betray you, and finally sher will die for you. And it will all have been for nothing. All for nothing in the end."

And as she spoke these words, I sat there confused, staring at the weird woman.

End of flashback :

➵ ➵ ➵

Thank you ❤

Now vote;)

Don't be a silent reader,
Comment 💬