》 Chapter 4: Awkward Ride《

24 hrs before the mission

As the captain, Jingyu reviewed again all the information including history, personal background - everything about his client's life, Xu Weizhou's life to be exact. Besides examining his client's info, as a habit, he also reads and analyzes each and every skill and capability in combat of his fellow teammates. This will help him formulate combat plans and formation in case of contact or ambush. He also investigates all the terrain, land-formation and routes of the mission's location.

Shit. Jingyu mentally cursed.

"This sucks.. Signals and comms are totally dead there" Jingyu said to himself as he studied the terrain and topography of the village. "Of all the places in the world, why does he choose to be there?" he thought.

After another hour of scheming all the documents and info, Jingyu decided to go to bed earlier than usual. He pretty much needs some extra rest for tomorrow's mission.

"See you soon, doc." Jingyu thought while drifting into his sleep.

On the day of the mission

Jingyu laid-out all his equipment, gears, ammo, guns - everything that he needs for today's mission. He loaded his rifle with ammo, sharpened his tactical knife, and wore his ballistic vest preparing to depart. He then rode his black MV Agusta F4CC** , with a top speed of 298 kmph, he can reach the meet-up point in mere minutes. When he got to the Vortexx Corp. Base, we went directly to a designated waiting room to meet-up with his new teammates. He heard some chattering inside the room but still proceeded to enter. He got their attention and the 4 soldiers inside went silent. The moment they saw Jingyu's golden arm badge in his right arm, they all stood up and saluted Jingyu.

"Sir!!" They all said in chorus. Jingyu just returned their salute, placed down his things, and proceeded to brief them about the mission.

"I'm Huang Jingyu, I will be your team captain in this mission," Jingyu said calmly. The soldier, about 183cm tall with a side part hairstyle, went closer to Jingyu and offered a handshake. "Captain, I'm Chris Wu. Rank-A. It's an honor to be working with you, sir." Chris introduced himself. Though he is the oldest in the group at age 30**, he shows respect for his superior. Then he is followed by the remaining 3 soldiers, introducing themselves one by one.

"Sir, Wang Qing. Rank-A, Automatic rifleman." A 27 year-old** soldier, about 1.83m tall introduced himself proudly. Then followed by a shorter one with a mole near in his left eye and said, "Captain, I am Feng Jianyu or in short Dayu.. Rank-A also. Rifleman and medic sir." And last but not the least, the youngest of the team, the soldier with a black bandana said, "Captain, Lin Fengsong. IT/Comms expert and rifleman sir."

Jingyu just nodded at their response. "We will meet the other 2 agents at the mainland of the village." he informed them and continued. "so as you may all know, this guy is our main priority. His name is Xu Weizhou and the heir of the Vortexx Corp..." showing Weizhou's picture to them.

" This mission will be unlike no other. By the time we reach the village, signals and comms are down so I'll leave it to you Fengsong...Agent Chris Wu will be my second-in-command. I know each and every one of you is the top of your rank, so if you have anything to say, just talk to me directly. Am I clear?" Jingyu asked with full authorization of his voice.

"Yes, captain!" They replied.

"Ok, Fengsong, let me know if our transport is ready... I'll be seeing Mr. Xu and his companions in the other room...the rest, load our things.. Dismiss." With a single word, they disperse immediately as Jingyu instructed.

Jingyu went into the room, and unexpectedly they bumped into each other. Time slows down and as cheesy as it is, Jingyu couldn't help but to smirk into the position they're in.