#9

#9 FAMILY TIME IN BUSAN|

×××

Jimin, still with a heavy feeling on his chest, stepped out of the train thinking of what he should do to forget the pain. He knows that going home to Busan won’t help him because there’s a bigger problem to face there, his family, but it’s the only way to be away from Yoongi.

“Busan…” he whispered as he look around the familiar place where he grew up and he smiled at the thought that this place will always feel special to him.

“Hyung!”

Jimin saw his brother inside a parked car, smiling widely while waving at him. Jimin waved back and walked to his Jihyun’s direction while the other is getting off the car. Jimin recognized the vehicle, it was their Father’s car and a woman is sitting inside. Jihyun met him half way and hugged him.

“I was expecting to wait for another year. You surprised me today, hyung…”

Jimin hugged his brother tighter and replied “Your brother did something stupid so he needs to run away from Seoul, that’s why I’m here.”

Jihyun broke the hug and looked at him suspiciously.

“I don’t want any police knocking at our door tomorrow… or later. Surrender yourself now, Park Jimin!” Jihyun joked.

Jimin rolls his eyes and said “If there will be a police knocking at our door tomorrow, that is because of you, Park Jihyun. Compared to you I’m an angel…”

“If you say so.” Jihyun laiughed.

Jimin saw the woman moving inside of the car so he asked his bother “Did you bring your girlfriend with you? Did I disturb your date?”

“Hyung, I’m single…” Jihyun sadly replied.

“Who’s that woman with you?”  He asked. His brother did not answer and just smiled at him.

Jimin heard the car’s door open and close and the woman inside, now standing beside the vehicle, looking at him like she’s about to cry. The pain that is temporarily forgotten resurfaced again with additional weight on his chest as he looks at the woman who he misses so much.

The woman keeps on staring at him like he’s some kind of a special artwork, making her emotional and trembling on her feet. Jimin’s feet won’t move from where he is no matter how hard his brain keeps saying to walk forward and meet her.

“The woman we both love.” Jimin heard Jihyun said.

“M-Mom…” Jimin mumbled, his voice trembling.

The moment his mother opens her arms to signal Jimin to come to her, Jimin found himself running to her,  his eyes overflowing with tears as sobs escaped his trembling lips. Jimin felt so weak as his mother hugs him tight, Jimin hugging him back and tighter.

They were crying in each other’s arm and Jimin finally feels the comfort he was looking for. Nothing can beat a mother’s embrace.

×××

Jimin’s head is comfortably laying on his mother’s shoulder at the back of the car, as he enjoys the familiar feeling of his mom playing with his hair just like what she always do when Jimin can’t sleep at night when he was a kid. They both have swollen eyes and noses from crying too much and his little brother teased them for it. Jimin just let his brother tease them but he will have his revenge tomorrow.

“Must be nice having me as your driver…” Jihyun joked. Jimin heard his mom chuckled and that made him smile.

“Not bad.” Jimin responded, chuckling as he saw his brother rolls his eyes in the rearview mirror.