The Damaged and the Saved

"What do you think the old crow wants?" Kuroka asks as we head towards Azazel's.

"Probably something to do with Baraqiel and I's encounter the other night. I did my best not to kill him, but I could understand Azazel not being happy with one of his higher ups being in a fight. It's not like it's the first time this has happened." If I was going into a trap I'd like to think Vali would have warned me, but maybe he's playing the middle and seeing who comes out on top. He would be smart to bet on me, but at the same time he wouldn't want to go against the man who saved his life.

The two of us arrive at an apartment building and judging by the layout it seems very high class. Sounds a lot like something Azazel would do. "Alright Kuroka, do what you do best." She puts her arms around me and whispers in my ear.

"Please be safe, for Akeno's sake at least."

"Yeah yeah yeah." I walk away towards the apartment number given by Azazel and knock on the door. Out comes the leader of the fallen angels himself wearing a night robe.

 Out comes the leader of the fallen angels himself wearing a night robe

"Glad to see you made it," he tells me. "I couldn't help but think you weren't going to stop by." He ushers me inside.

"You've got the means to get me to show up whether I like it or not, so I decided to take the easy way out." He gives me a smirk and we sit down on a couple of couches he has. The apartment doesn't have much in it which leads me to believe he had just recently came into town when Issei started doing pacts for him.

"Something to drink Y/N?"

"Sure." He pours what appears to be brandy into two glasses and hands one to me. The taste isn't that great but that's not the point. "So not to be a dick, but can I know why you brought me here?"

"It's quite simple. After speaking with Sirzechs during your little encounter with Baraqiel I figured it would make sense to speak with you directly. You've made quite a name for yourself, even after killing your comrades." I take another sip.

"In my defense they were harming innocent people for their Sacred Gears for the means to impress you. A young nun was one of their victims, and she was the possessor of Twilight Healing. That girl is alive, but as a Bishop in the house of Gremory."

"I knew that Y/N. I don't blame you for doing that. At the end of the day they were following Kokabiel's orders, and you took actions into your own hands. That's what I've come to respect about you kid, you get results. I do want to say thank you for sparing Baraqiel's life, and that trick you used to fake your own death was pretty crazy. As far as Baraqiel thinks you're dead and gone, but if this meeting goes well then he will find out you're alive." I'm not that surprised by this fact.

"And?" Azazel laughs. "You could have thanked me in that letter that Vali delivered."

"I could have, but that's not the actual reason I summoned you. Here's the deal, I've heard about your desires for peace, for all three factions to work together in unity for the betterment of the world. As strong as you are now you could be a figurehead in Grigori, even if some of your former comrades deem you a criminal. I also want peace, and I have for years since the fighting stopped. Do you know why I withdrew the Fallen Angels from the war first Y/N?"