he was rat, he was a mouse

Chapter 1

Jerry was chilling in his little mouse-hole again, you know, the usual. Ever since his last incident with Tom’s murderous intentions, he made an effort to leave his hole less and less. However, his cheese collection has been running low as of late, and he didn’t want to unnecessarily leave in fear of being murdered. He looked back at his cheese stack and decided that he could wait a few more days. 

All this time of hiding out caused him to feel very lonely. Sure, he regularly saw Tom, but he wasn’t looking for a rival. He wasn’t for a friend. He wanted a real connection, but he didn’t know how to do that.

All of a sudden, he heard a loud knock on the door. This usually isn’t very significant, as the owner sometimes brings people over. But this knock was different. 

The owner opened the door without hesitation. Maybe she just ordered food, Jerry thought to himself. But lo and behold, the person behind the door was none other than the famous Linguini. 

“What!? What is the world-famous chef Linguini doing here delivering pizza? And why Papa John’s pizza of all things?” Jerry was shocked that the celebrity chef was now a lowly pizza deliverer. How could this happen?

As he carefully peaked out of the hole, he noticed a grayish blur go down from his hat. He turned his focus from Linguini to whatever that mysterious blur was. It was Ratatouille.