lemy the latatouille

Chapter 7

Now that Linguini was gone, Remy could go visit Jerry. But he quickly realized that he didn't know how to get there. He could try to simply remember which directions he and Linguini took to get there, but it's not like he could remember every house that they ever delivered to.

Remy first tried to remember the directions they took. He could recall the last few turns that led to the house, but he didn't know which part of the neighborhood it was.

Hmm, maybe I can try remembering the home address, Remy thought, but that idea was quickly thrown out after he realized he couldn't remember it.

Maybe I could somehow sniff my way over there? Remy shortly considered this, but he also realized that he was in the car the whole time so he wouldn't be able to sniff out a house. Also there wasn't much to actually sniff out.

Remy was in quite the conundrum, as he couldn't figure out his next course of action. After a bit of thinking, he settled for asking around.

Remy walked out of the strangely convenient rat-sized door (similar to a doggy-door except for rats) and looked around for any locals.

"Man, the world sure is big when you're not hiding in someone's hat." Remy had to take in the new environment without Linguini under him. He was used to Linguini being his little slave, but without him, he realized that he had been Linguini's slave this whole time.

Remy scurried down the sidewalk. He was looking for someone trustworthy when he spotted a fine, gentlemanly rat dragging a whole pizza slice down an alleyway. His fur was slightly frazzled and matted, and he seemed to be uttering something along the lines of "lemon lime fifteen grilled cheeses on a lawn flamingo in mid winter" under his breath. He seemed educated on the happenings in the neighborhood.

"Excuse me sir," Remy said, sidling up next to the rat. The rat looked up from the Hawaiian pizza slice he was dragging.

"Turkey baster?" the rat asked.

"I don't... know who that is.." Remy replied. The other rat frowned and seemed disgusted in his lack of knowledge. This rat must be so high that he's all the way in the International Space Station. I wonder what he's been consuming. Remy thought to himself.

"Beep bop the red cat sings on the hill of death." He replied angrily. Remy was starting to think perhaps this guy wasn't as reliable as he previously thought.

"Well, I'll, uh, see you later?" He said, backing away, with a fabricated smile to avoid any more aggression.

"PINEAPPLE SHRImP!!" the other rat screamed.

Well, it seems that Remy had dodged a... whatever that was. It seems his judgement wasn't as trustworthy as he previously believed. Remy continued walking down the sidewalk. Maybe if he couldn't find someone trustworthy, he'd have to rely on pure instinct instead.

Suddenly, while pondering, he encountered a wall of crows. The middlemost one hopped forwards, and Remy noticed he had a tiny fedora perched upon his head.

"Whatza one-a youse doin' around here?" The crow asked. Upon scanning the other birds behind him, Remy noticed that they all donned matching fedoras as well.

"Cat got ya tongue, pipsqueak?" the crow asked. Remy looked away from the main crow and noticed that the murder of crows all had very similar body language. They began to step forward in unison, and cawed together every once in a while. Perhaps to be threatening?

The main crow cawed angrily. "Well, if ya ain't gonna pay ya fee for walkin' in our territory, then..." The crow snapped his head back towards the murder. "Get 'em boys!"

The crows swarmed forwards and snatched Remy up, flying higher and higher into the sky. He couldn't believe that he went from conversing with some abnormally high rat to being kidnapped and possibly eaten.