judge judy but crows

Chapter 13

A/N: yeah we used this for the last chapter, but we've since updated the last chapter's picture and you should maybe look at it 😳 anyways

"Just to clarify, you said ya wanted to hand the custody over to ya wife, right?" The lawyer crow sat down next to Xenon.

"Yea yea, she can raise 'em with that scraggly ass mofo."

Lawer crow slowly stood up and met Xenon with cold, serious eyes. He seemed a little concerned with what Xenon said.

"Are you sure she's fit to raise those kids?"

Xenon broke away from the eye contact as he plunged into thought. His eyes wandered back and forth, seeming conflicted.

He looked at everyone in the bloodied alleyway, and they were all staring back at him. The pressure was on him now.

Did he really want the kids to go to her? The one who neglects their existence? What would happen to them?

"Maybe... maybe we shouldn't do this." Xenon looked back at the nest. His kids were all asleep, blissfully unaware of their fate. He looked back up at lawyer crow, with a single tear cascading down his glossy feathers.

"Who would take them in?" Remy said.

"Well, if the court finds her to be unfit for parenting, then the custody would usually go to the closest family member, but since Xenon's basically on his own, then the custody might go to a trusted close friend," lawyer crow explained.

"...close friend..." Xenon murmured, repeating the phrase until he spoke up, "I know someone... who has been wanting to adopt. He lost his kids months ago, and he's been wantin' ta restart his family."

Lucy perked up, as if an epiphany hit her.

"If no one else is suitable for raising them, then they should go to your friend. I'm sure they would be delighted to take them in."

Everyone nodded in universal agreement. Now that they knew who the custody should go to, now they just have to take this all to court.

-NEXT DAY-

It was court day. Xenon, his lawyer and Remy were all present at the court gathering. It was painfully early in the morning, and the coldness of the air kept stinging at Remy. But that didn't matter. They were here to help Xenon.

"Where is everybody?" Remy asked, bleary eyed.

"They'll probably be here by the time my wife rolls up. She got a lotta loud mouthed friends who'd come for her."

They waited for the wife to show up. The "courtroom"" was an open grassland with a few fancily-dressed crows circled around. In the middle was 2 spots without grass and a big rock in front of them, probably where the judge would sit. There were also smaller rocks situated at either side of the big rock.

"Are ya ready?" Xenon asked Remy, with sheer determination in his eyes.

"Yeah," Remy responded back, "we got this in the bag." After all they went through, the crows seemed better than he initially thought. "You know, I've said some regrettable shit to you and your crow buddies, and I think maybe I should apologise for it."

"Hey man, I appreciate that. Most don't ever treat us fairly, they always gotta be racist."

After some time passes, the wife shows up with her boyfriend. She didn't say a word to him even when she walked right past him. The grassland circle was filled with crows, the most Remy had ever seen in one place besides the mafia hideout.