9. New Friend

A/N: Hi everyone and Merry late Christmas !! I just wanted to say sorry for not updating, but I have good news, I got a new phone so it'll be easier to write more chapters now !! Also, sorry if this chapter seems a bit lazy..I've been really tired lately. Anywho, enjoy the story💕

SCP-049 woke up slowly to a voice coming from the loudspeakers. "SCP-035 has broken out of containment, all personnel are instructed to go to the designated safe zones until further notice." The plague doctor put a hand up to his head. His vision was fuzzy and dull. "035...?" He muttered to himself. SCP-049 looked out the window into the research room. All of the doctors who had been studying SCP-049 now ran out the door and down the hall. SCP-049 frowned and put his hand on the glass, watching them flee. He thought about what the voice in the loudspeaker had said. He smiled. "Containment Breach...t-there's been a containment breach!" His eyes widened with excitement, realizing he could now make up for his selfish actions.

He pulled out his black bag and opened it, ignoring the pain that was starting to flood into his body. It took him only a few seconds to find what he was looking for, a jar of 106's material. SCP-049 turned to the door and studied it. After a few moments, he focused his eyes on the small control panel sitting next to the door. Pouring some of the liquid onto it, he could see it was already starting to give way. A small trail of smoke followed the sizzling sound of the metal melting away. SCP-049 smiled underneath his beaked mask, grabbing his bag and calmly waiting for the hole to be wide enough to walk through. Once it was, he walked through, smirking a bit to himself. "If only they knew how easy it really is to leave these, cells."

The halls were silent, with the exception of the plague doctors' heeled boots echoing as he made his way down the hall. "Ring-a-ring o' roses, a pocket full of posies, a-tishoo, a-tishoo, we all fall down.." He sang quietly, as screams rang throughout the facility along with a loud roar, so loud it shook the building itself. Bodies were scattered along the halls like the leaves in October. People's lives flashing before their lives before they finally died..

SCP-035 walked down the hall, smiling, he was finally able to stretch his legs and talk to other SCP's freely, not under the surveillance of those doctors. Despite all the obnoxious screams and cries for help, he was the happiest he had been since the 1900s! He wasn't sure where he was going, the hallways all looked the same. Long, gray, and dully lit. It was depressing, to say the least. He hummed, trying to keep himself from getting bored.

Eventually, he came to a stop, hearing a loud splash. He looked around but didn't spot anything out of the ordinary. That's when a large orange blob formed right in front of his eyes. He watched as a small smile and two big black eyes sculpted themselves onto what was now its face. It moved around a bit making loud water-like noises. "Why hello there, and who might you be?" The orange blob's smile widened as it made it's to the mask's already decaying body. "Hello friend..wait, are you my friend, can you be my friend?!" SCP-035 thought for a moment before nodding his head. "Yes, of course!" The blob now that SCP-035 now recognized as SCP-999 lifted its arms in the air. "Yay, new friend!" It cheered loudly. The mask laughed lightly. "My name or number would be the exact term, is SCP-035." SCP-999 nodded. "Oh, do you know anyone else I could be friends with, I wanna make more friends!" The mask nodded his head and pointed toward the door, leading into another hall. "Yes, though I got myself turned around and for the most part I'm lost." He paused for a moment. "If I remember correctly he's down somewhere in one room or another." He said, gesturing to the door again. "I believe he's down only one level, so that means we need to find a stairwell or an elevator..." SCP-035 trailed off in thought. "I know where both of those are!" SCP-999 yelled in excitement as he and the mask continued their way down the hall.

The plague doctor slowly stood up, reviewing the work he had done. The former scientist stood up shakily after SCP-049, he looked around, leaning from side to side. He groaned and blinked slowly. "You are now cured, my colleague." The doctor said in satisfaction. "Now come along, I have more to cure." SCP-049 continued down the hall, curing all in his path. Guards, Doctors, D-Classes, Everyone insight. After a while, he had cured about five people, who were now all following him as his heels clicked on the floor tiles. "Now, you all will help me to cure all the pestilence ridden people in this facility, and I will be one step closer to getting out of here, and one step closer to curing the world." SCP-049 smiled to himself, thinking of all the good he was going to do.

SCP-035 and SCP-999 waited silently, waiting for the elevator to reach the bottom floor. When it did the two got off quickly. SCP-999 called out for anyone who might be nearby. "Friend!" He shouted, looking around the room with enthusiasm. "Where is he?" SCP-999 asked, looking around more frantically. "I'm not sure, I've never been down here before.."

Minutes passed of the two SCP's searching for the doctor but to no avail. "Do you think-" "Listen carefully, you need my help, and I need your help, you have disabled the remote door control system, now I am unable to operate the door, this makes it significantly harder for me to stay in control of this facility." The voice rang loudly through the speakers. SCP-035 looked up in confusion. "That didn't sound like a human's voice..." He said, looking to the orange blob on the floor. "I remember that voice from somewhere..." SCP-999 trailed off in thought. He gasped a few moments later. "That's the computer!" He gasped again. "We met before, maybe he still remembers me!" Yet again, he gasped, this time even louder. "035 we need to find him!" SCP-999 grabbed onto the host's ankles. "Can we?" SCP-035 sighed dramatically, then smiled more. "Ah, alright, but then we'll come back down here, okay?" SCP-999 nodded his head vigorously. "Alright then, let's go!"

A/N: This chapter is a bit longer I guess, hope everyone enjoyed and thank you so much for five hundred reads! That might not seem like a lot, but my goal is to get at least one thousand by the end of this year, thanks again. Bye-Bye!~