14. Dreaming of the Past -Part 2-

[Video is meant to be playing at a specific part of the chapter!]

"Yes, love? ..Is something wrong?" He asks. "You look like you've seen a ghost~" He purrs, smiling and pulling me into a dip. I feel my face heat up a bit. "I just..." I trail off as he stands me straight and starts swaying back and forth. "Hm?~" He hums, now slowly spinning us around. "You do know the Waltz right darling?" He asks softly. I nod, looking up at him. He was smiling down at me, it was so intoxicating. I couldn't help but return it.

[Pssst- play the video now!]

Dyo chuckles and starts the dance. It takes me a moment to remember it, though I eventually do. I move my body along with his, it was peaceful and calm. It even brought back memory I had forgotten. Me walking in a castle garden, Dyo and I talking while he does work, and even us dancing together like we were now. I looked up at Masque again, none of the blood-lust or murderous features seemed to be there like they were now, he looked happy and calm. There was even a sense of innocence, something he didn't have now. I wonder what changed that in him.

It's no surprise to me that Dyo is a better dancer than me. He's had more experience after all. I trip and stumble a bit over my feet. Dyo just chuckles and continues along. "Darling?" He asked, looking down at me. I hum in response as he dips me again slowly. "Do you love me?" He asks. I look up at him, wide-eyed. "W-What?"

"Do you love me?" He asks again, smirking a bit. "I...I..uhm.." I mumbled. What was I supposed to say to that? I asked myself, internally screaming. (same) "Well..do you?"

"I..uhm..."

A/N: Also sorry that this chapter is so short! I wanted to get this out quickly for you guys to read! Also, if you haven't noticed, I'm writing another story so I might be a bit slower with updates since I will also be working on that. Thanks for reading!<3