7. Sleeping?

A/N: Picture was drawn by me, also I didn't know what to name this chapter. :/)

         Dr. Sherman swung open the doors to 049's viewing room. He stopped right in front of his cell, looking into the glass. It took him a few moments to register that the plague doctor wasn't sitting in his chair experimenting, as he usually was. He was on the floor, unmoving as if he passed out. "Hey, what happened?" He asked, his usual calm voice bordering on alarm. "Sleeping, sir." One of the guards stationed at the door said. Dr. Sherman raised an eyebrow. "Sleeping?" He echoed. "...He's never slept before, not that I can remember anyway." Dr. Sherman pulled out SCP-049's file and read it quietly. "Yup, just as I remembered, he doesn't need sleep..." He trailed off, reading the rest of the paragraph he was on. "...So then why is he sleeping, maybe it helps to clear his head as eating does, I'll have to check up on that later when he wakes up." He closed the file and put it on the table, where it had been before. "Guards, notify me the moment he wakes up, I have another meeting to get to..."

         049 opened his eyes slowly, he blinked a few times before sitting up quickly getting aware of his surrounding. It was dim and dark, he was in his cell. "No surprise there." He thought to himself, frowning. There was just a little bit of hope that he, by some miracle finally got released or maybe even escaped this dreadful place. Though he would hate to leave all the sick and unwell people behind. He thought about that more and more recently, would he leave if he was given the opportunity? Or would he stay, only to eventually get out later after curing everyone here. 049 wasn't sure. Maybe he wouldn't be until he was faced with that situation.

A/N (Again): Sorry that there's no 035's part in this chapter and that it's so short. The next chapter will be longer and have 035 in it, promise! Bye Bye~