THIRTY FOUR/

"i've been locked inside your heart shaped box for weeks."

[mentions of blood]

the first thing taehyung had done as soon as he woke up was to visit soomin at the hospital. the news of her sudden fall in health. the last time the doctors checked her, she was recovering at a drastic pace.

clenching his jaw, the angry trueblood had left the apartment, cause he was sure, there was some rotten business behind that too.

thinking about last day's incident, jeongguk too had started crying.

as he heard about taehyung's dreadful past, jeongguk was paralysed with fear cause no one deserved to be treated that way. not even taehyung. the words shook him to the core, left a deep impact and it still haunted him as he walked towards the police station.

jeongguk was met by a panicked jimin at the entrance who hugged him with a tired grin.

"did taehyung come here?" jeongguk enquired walking inside the dark police station, saluted by a few officers he met on the way.

"if you want to take my advice, i don't want you to do anything alone-"

"it's okay, jiminie. everything will be fine." the alpha reassured.

jimin frowned as he hesitantly opened the interrogation room.

the room was bigger than jeongguk expected. 

the door closed behind him with a snap. the four walls were painted a dark grey but seemed black because of the lack of proper lighting. a single flickering lamp hung from the high ceiling. there were no furniture except for the rickety table which had a layer of grime.

jeongguk's bored eyes scanned the room, finally noticing the reason why he was here.

the half naked man was bound to the wall by thick metal cuffs, thin red marks across his chest, dark hair falling in front of his eyes as jeongguk's thick soled shoes clacked against the floor, the sound echoing in the emptiness. 

the culprit gazed up at the source, freezing in his place.

"how's your wife, hanseul? heard she ran away." jeongguk sighed as he kneeled down to be at level with the male slumped against the wall.

hanseul's eyes were looking at anywhere except jeongguk's. he was twisting his wrists, trying to free himself from the metal restraints. 

"you know what? when those people attacked me that one night, i knew one of them was you. the one who hit me with the rod. it was you."

hanseul gulped as jeongguk stood up and walked leisurely towards the other side of the room where a long metal rod was positioned, leaning against the wall.

"but i didn't tell anyone. do you know why?" jeongguk continued, picking up the rod and weighing it on his hands.

"cause it was of no use."

the alpha chuckled as he noticed hanseul shrink as jeongguk walked back towards him.

"you took everything away from me, hanseul. everything. false hope. fake promises. those filthy rumours you spread about our relationship. was it fun? hmm? was it fun?"  jeongguk demanded, voice breaking out of anger.

"and now you plan to take taehyung away from me, huh? what did you think? i'll let that happen?" 

jeongguk was livid but he somehow remained calm. gripping the rod tighter in his hands.

"what were your plans again? to kill taehyung while he was alone in his personal apartment, but that failed cause i was with him and you were stuck in busan with jimin. and then you were brought here."

a mirthless laugh escaped the alpha's lips as he shook his head, beautiful dark curls falling on his forehead as hanseul trembled in fear.

the laughter stopped suddenly as jeongguk turned to glare at the other, eyes flaring a glowing orange with specks of vexation.

"you're dead, hanseul. you're so fucking dead."

when taehyung had reached the station, jimin was nowhere to be seen, shrugging his shoulders in went to the interrogation room.

soomin was in an extremely critical condition, hordes of journalists had gathered outside the hospital building. the doctor's refused to speak to anyone and no one was allowed inside.

exhaling heavily, taehyung mentally prepared himself to face the bastard so as to he can obtain some information or the other.

pulling the door open, taehyung stilled as he stared at the sight before him.

the half naked man, he assumed to be hanseul was face first on the ground, his arms still hanging from the wall, due to being bound by the ugly chains, a pool of fresh blood surrounded his head and was spreading even further, the flesh on his back was split open, streams of blood sauntering down the pale skin. 

there was so much of blood, taehyung felt sick, breathing fast as he noticed a familiar figure standing in front of the now apparantly dead male.

jeongguk was standing so casually that taehyung was shocked, a metal rod was placed on his shoulder, the end dripping with ichor, which dripped pathetically on the ground. jeongguk turned his head around, his still orange eyes staring at taehyung's.

"i got the information i needed." he said, dropping the rod with a clang, walking towards the older.

"jeongguk wha-"

"i'll explain later. we have lives to save now." the younger muttered, rushing past a tongue-tied taehyung.

...

[a/n]

yee lmaoo, call me a psychopath but this was very satisfying to write.

anygays, i hope ya'll like this chap T T

a few more chaps left for conflict <3.

lots of love. cassandra.