TWENTY SEVEN/

"if the world was ending, you'd come over right?"

last night's incident was still playing on loop in his mind. the fact that jeongguk was now his mate. his life partner. to be really honest, it freaked taehyung out slightly.

a mateless trueblood ends up having his ex-enemy as his mate. 

really amusing.

still, taehyung had more important things to deal with.

namjoon had informed about their father's weird disappearance at random times of the day. usually leaving just after taehyung leaves for the global unit's building.

but this time, the ravenette was waiting downstairs when taewon hastily walked towards the front door.

"what's going on, dad?"

taewon visibly flinched as he turned to face his son.

"nothing. i'm just going for a w-"

"spare the non-sense, father." taehyung took a few steps closer to his father, "where do you go. every single night?" 

"that is not the way to speak to someone older than you, kim taehyung."

though his father was trying quite a lot to exert his one dominance even when he was clearly dazed with nervousness. 

taehyung chuckled darkly, shaking his head.

"don't give me that bullshit, father. i ain't buying that. just tell me what the fuck have you been up to?" 

kim taewon being the eldest and also his father was at a rank lower than his son's hence taehyung had that as the upper hand. 

he could see the side-effects. 

the slight quivering of lips, the thin sheet of sweat and the wholehearted try to hold back words.

suddenly, as if on a cue, individual memories fell inside his head like broken puzzle pieces, ready to be solved. so that is what taehyung did, he tried to join those empty pieces. one by one. and then, it all made sense to him.

"you're behind this aren't you?"

taewon whipped his head towards his son, eyes narrowed into slits.

"what?" 

"the entire fucking thing. jeongguk getting jumped. those strange threat calls. you're the one who's doing this."

taehyung would've lied if he said that his father wasn't downright scared. stressed eyes darting back and forth.

"do you not trust me that much? i'm your father, for god's sake taehyung."

the trueblood stepped forward, almost at eye-level with taewon.

"i had lost all of my pathetic trust for you the day you said that my mother fucking cared for me, father." 

taewon's eyes blew apart, pupils large.

taehyung could feel his rage. increasing slowly and at an alarming rate. sending the older a warning glance, he walked past him and stepped outside in the warmth.

apparantly, there was going to be a separate party for the employees. at least that is what jeongguk saw as soon as he opened the draft e-mails.

"did jimin return from busan, though?" taehyung asked as he leaned against the sofa, sending a cushion flying into the air and catching it again.

"not yet. he'll be staying for a day or two more." jeongguk said as he swiveled on his chair, turning to look at his mate.

jeongguk could sense something was wrong. one look at taehyung's face and he understood. he was strangely quiet. nevertheless, it wasn't jeongguk's business so he left it alone. but then a small voice at the back of his head spoke up, asking him to question the trueblood as to what was bothering him.

you are his mate, after all.

jeongguk blushed. god, he felt so stupid and he was so glad that taehyung was doing his own shit. 

"you're staying with me tonight."

the younger choked on his spit, as he stared at a calm taehyung still toying with the cushion.

"what-"

"you heard me."

jeongguk furrowed his eyebrows.

"but why?"

"there's something i need to tell you. and somethings you need to know." taehyung straightened, exhaling heavily and looking down, deep in thoughts again.

jeongguk frowned. 

so he was correct. 

something was wrong.

...

[a/n]

my god. i am so sorry for updating after suchhh a long time. my exams were going on and of course my laptop's keyboard stopped working but today suddenly its all fine. 

conflict reached 3K and i am still in shock ya'll.

how can even like what i wrote? anygays, i hope you all are taking care. stay safe and love yourselves.

lots of love.

cassandra.