26. Tug - of - Friendship

Please vote or you'll be cursed;)

➵ ➵ ➵

Satvik's POV:

I and Shiv were walking down the hallway when we noticed the notice board. It was written,

['TUG - OF - WAR COMPETITION'
Anyone can take part.
Team Members - 8 (only)
Venue - College Ground.
At Noon.]

After reading the notice I said, "We are 8, but, Jeet, is absent today."

"What about, Dev?" Shiv suggested.

"He's good, but I guess he has his own team." I said.

I closed my eyes and tried to think of someone who could be a part of our team.

Soon, I heard Shiv say, "What about him?"

I looked up in the direction he was looking - it was Kaushik.

He was standing on the other side of the hall and talking to Karan.

"I don't know," I said slowly, raising my eyebrows.

Shiv looked back at me and spoke after taking a deep sigh, "Look, Satvik, you are my best friend.... and that is why it's my duty to correct you when you are wrong. And I am sorry but this is not right. His friends and our friends are probably the same but he never gets invited to anything just because of you and that's not fair..... He is my friend too, Satvik, and I feel bad for him. You always put me in a position where I have to choose between you two. I know you don't like him because he was, Yashvi's boyfriend but it was all in the past. You'll have to let go of things. Look, right now, you have chance. Go, and apologize to him and ask him to be in our team. Go, Satvik, do it. Saying sorry will not make you any less and if you really want to move on.... start from here."

I didn't say anything, I listened to him quietly because I knew he was right.

When Shiv finished, I looked at Kaushik.

I stared at him for a few seconds and spoke after taking a deep sigh, "You are right. I shouldn't have done this to him."

Shiv's words made me realize that I was being so mean.

I was rude to Kaushik just because I needed someone to take out my anger on.

Kaushik was not the reason why Yashvi didn't loved me. Nor he was responsible for anything wrong happening in my life.

I took a deep breath and looked at Shiv.

I nodded before walking towards Kaushik.

Kaushik, who was talking to Karan noticed me walking towards them and said, "Ok Bro, I think I should leave now. I'll see you later, bye."

"No, Kaushik, stop!" I said and walked closer to him.

Kaushik stopped and turned around with a confused expression on his face and said pointing a finger at himself, "Me? But I didn't do anything,"

I smiled at his words. "I know, I just wanna talk to you. Karan, will you please?"

"Yeah, sure. I'll see you guys later, bye," Karan said before walking away.

Kaushik stared at me confused and eagerly waiting for me to say something.

I took a small sigh and spoke, " Kaushik, I'm sorry. Sorry for, everything. I know I was always overreacting. I fought with you like on, useless things, but I was just not acting myself,"

Before I could say anything further Kaushik spoke, "It's Okay. I understand."

"Really?" I asked in disbelief.

He forgave me so easily? I thought he was gonna make me beg or something.

"Well, I am not a saint here either. If you weren't acting yourself, at least, I should have. So, I'm sorry too," Kaushik smiled.

I was a little surprised, I hadn't thought that Kaushik would forgive me so easily. But it looked like he was in a very good mood.

"So do you forgive me?" I asked slowly.

"Yes. Do you?" he said with a smile.

"Of course." I smiled.

We both smiled before awkwardly staring at each other for a few seconds. "Should we hug now?" Kaushik spoke in an unsure tone.

We both started laughing and then hugged each other.

Kaushik's POV:

I felt so happy when Satvik apologized to me. Not because I wanted him to apologize but because I never wanted him to be my enemy in the first place.

I was in a very good mood since yesterday, after I talked to Raadha.

I was feeling like as if all the problems of my life had faded.

That's how love makes you feel!!

Satvik spoke after we broke the hug, "One more thing.... there is going to be a Tug- of -War competition today. So.... would you like to be in our team?"

"Of course! I would love to.", I said.

"Great! See you at the college ground then, at noon." Satvik said.

"Sure!" I said.

"Cool, then. Bye!" Satvik said.

"Bye.".I said.

We both turned around and left.

➵ ➵ ➵

Thank you ❤

Now vote;)

Don't be a silent reader,
Comment 💬