HOLLY JOLLY CHRISTMAS | why don't we

HOLLY JOLLY CHRISTMASdorbyn, jachary and jeben

dorbyn, jachary and jeben

IN WHICH
hanging up christmas lights isn't as easy as anticipated; fluff

SONG
holly jolly christmas - burl ives

"babe, hand me the extension cord!" eben's voice drifted from around the corner of the house, an arm peeking out to accentuate where the sound was coming from.

"what's an extension cord?" jonah yelled back, fluffy brown locks coming out of the inside of the house as the boy was revealed holding a flashlight and a hammer.

"you don't know what an extension cord is?" daniel scoffed, gently pushing past the boy as he transported a long green plug to the older blonde.

"why do you call it an extension cord? that's a plug."

"that's extended, you doof!" 

daniel laughed at the light banter the couple shared, jonah throwing a glare at his boyfriend, the blonde poking his tongue out at the younger. 

corbyn strolled out from the garage, immediately shuffling over to daniel's side as he leaned into the taller boy, using the blonde's body to protect himself from the cold.

"hey, bub." daniel lightly scratched up and down the brunette's back, "how are you?"

"bored. and it's cold, dani."

"you wouldn't be cold if you actually helped out, corbyn." jack yelled, throwing a bundle of tangled lights at the older.

corbyn flinched away from the lights, hiding into daniel's chest as the blonde reached his hand out to catch the compact mess. daniel glared at jack, gently prying corbyn's body away from his chest before stalking over to the brunette. the smaller yelped at the sight of the steaming blonde approaching him, immediately racing off towards his own boyfriend as he used the taller's body as a shield. 

"zach! help me!" a giggle escaped the boy's lips as he hugged his boy from behind.

"what's wrong? woah, what's up, d?"

"ask your boyfriend." daniel scoffed, still traveling around the taller brunette to try and get to jack.

"what'd you do, j–hey, dani hold on." zach pushed the older boy back, allowing jack the courage to peer out from the brunette's side, "what happened, jack?"

"nothing! i just tossed a light at corbyn and daniel got all mad at me!" jack pouted, jumping back as daniel broke through zach's barrier, jamming a finger into his ribcage, "stop it!" the boy took off again, daniel quick on his tail as zach released a scoff before trailing after them.

"children, i tell you." jonah mumbled, watching the group travel across the lawn, varying noises following the immature boys.

"hey!" eben released a loud series of claps, catching all the boys' attention as they all stopped their acts of running, chasing, shivering, whatever it may be, "you all realize we're supposed to be sticking up christmas lights? not running around like kids!"