MR. GRINCH | why don't we (2)

MR GRINCH (pt 2)why don't we

MR GRINCH (pt 2)
why don't we

IN WHICH
they realize how much pain they caused

SONG
you're a mean one, mr. grinch - lindsey stirling, sabrina carpenter

when jack's eyes had finally peeled, and stayed open, he immediately felt something was off. it was quiet. way too quiet for a hectic day like december first. he had little recollection of his previous outburst that followed with his temporary bout of alertness and sickness', enough to feel a little-lot-bit guilty.

deciding against investigating the source for the uneasy silence that spilled across the house like a contagious fog alone, the boy traveled to his bandmate's room, not bothering to knock considering the brunette would, undoubtedly, still be knocked out.

"corbyn get up!" jack groaned, slamming a pillow over the boy's body covered under the comfort of his covers.

"no." the boy groaned, whining gently as he snuggled deeper into his covers.

"no you doof, get up. listen to that, what do you hear?"

corbyn's head sluggishly pulled away from his pillow, face ridden with sleepiness as his bed hair fell into his eyes, dark bags covering the undertones of his pale skin, "what, quiet? hallelujah." he mumbled, dropping back against his bed.

jack yanked the covers off the boy, revealing the cold air to sting his skin as the brunette whined, "exactly! its quiet, on december first. why the fuck is it quiet on december first?"

the sentence seemed to wake the tired boy up a little bit, scrambling into a seating position as he listened once again for the familiar sound of classic christmas music, ornaments clashing together as small dings used to ring out into the air, the large christmas tree swaying with the force of jonah's clumsy body bumping into the green fern.

his eyes met jack's as his ears couldn't pick up on the oddly comforting sounds, though annoying in mornings when he was particularly grouchy. "what the fuck."

"c'mon, i need help getting daniel up, i'm gonna go get zach ."

corbyn pulled himself out of bed, following jack as he padded on towards daniel's room. now the brunette was actually pretty scared, what if jonah had fallen under the tree, or if the oldest had gotten kidnapped. (don't get him wrong, the boy knew that the older getting kidnaped was more likely than not, unreasonable. but he had just watched megan is missing, and his mind was paranoid and assuming.)

"what do you want?!"

daniel's voice startled the boy out of his thoughts, jumping back slightly before glaring down at the tired blonde still sprawled across the bed, "okay what's your deal? and get the fuck up."