f i v e

As soon Matsukawa as left Hanamaki's house, the pink head screams to the top of his lungs.

"Okay, bitch what was that?" he talks to himself in front of the mirror, slapping his cheeks so hard it turns to bright red.

"Takahiro, for God's sake it's late. Why are you screaming?" his mom complains, opening the door to his room.

"Mom! You scared me. When did you get home?" Hanamaki clutches his chest as he stares at his mother in horror.

"Just about five minutes ago. Now tell me what happened?" his mom asks, crossing her arms.

"Mom, mom, mom. Oh my gosh, I'm getting a boyfriend. I think," Hanamaki squeals, shaking his mom's shoulders.

His mom is taken aback by the way he acted. He never really gay panicked in front of her but she knew he's gay and she coolly accepted it. 

"That's great! Who's the unlucky guy?"

"Mom," Hanamaki pouts. "That would be a secret." He sticks his tongue out before pushing his mother outside. "Now go to sleep with Dad," he ushers, winking and closes the door.

He hears his mom's protests  but he shrugs it off, taking off his sweater and changing into Matsukawa's blue ones. He cheekily grins, not embarrassed anymore by last night's foolishness.

After their "unexpected" kiss inside the bookstore, they held hands on the way home. Though they didn't talk about being boyfriends, Hanamaki is just contented as he believes they should take things slow to be sure.

He's dumb, dumb as hell. To deny it to himself years ago. When he clearly liked Matsukawa for so long but he's too scared to take the risk. He's too scared to risk their precious friendship.  Because losing Matsukawa hurts more than not being liked back.

But surely, Matsukawa likes him, right?

That he doesn't know. He never told him earlier.

He sighs in delight as he lay himself on bed. He doesn't care either way. He's just going to enjoy the moment.

The phone that's in his hand lights up.

"Hm, what's this?"

dreamyguy uploaded a new video.

"Shit," he curses. "His timing is always the best," he says as he clicks the video.

Hanamaki closes his eyes as he listens to the handsome voice that almost put him to sleep. But the more he listens to it, the more the voice gets familiar. He can't point out who, it's just oddly familiar. He shakes his head, he doesn't know someone who can sing.

When the song ended, he types a comment.

You posted a comment on dreamyguy's video.

Your timing is the best! I'm feeling in love today. Thank you for your beautiful covers.

Hanamaki smiles before he drifts to sleep.

---

When Hanamaki opens his eyes he is greeted by a pair of gray ones.

"Good morning," Matsukawa beams, his deep voice wakes Hanamaki up.

"Issei? Why are you here?"

"Just checking you up," Matsukawa says, planting a kiss on Hanamaki's forehead. 

The latter blushes as he avoids the taller guy's gaze. 

"Anyway, I told your mom we're checking the university today," says Matsukawa, changing the topic. "Now get up, Makki." He pulls Hanamaki's hands along with his body. 

"Ahh, I'm so tired, Mattsun. Can we go later?" Hanamaki groans as he lays down again, pulling Matsukawa on top of him.

To which he didn't intend to do. 

Matsukawa stares at him, smirking. "You want this, huh?"

The pink head gulps. "I- we should go..."

"We can go later," Matsukawa says, implying something.

"Issei, my mom is-" 

"Good morning everyone!" his mom barges in, kicking the door. She stops from her tracks when she saw the interesting scene in front of her. "Kidding, good night everyone!" she says before running outside and shutting the door behind her.

Hanamaki's face is as red as the potato and so does Matsukawa's.

"M-maybe we should go, after all," Matsukawa says, getting off from Hanamaki, fixing his crumpled shirt.

"I'm sorry about my mom." Hanamaki facepalms. "You know her... she's... different."

Matsukawa nods. "Yep, very different."

Hanamaki giggles and stands up too. "Wait for me here while I take bath."

The taller guy nods again. 

Hanamaki then enters the bathroom and the sound of the shower can be heard from the outside.

Seeing the mess the pink head made, Matsukawa sighs. He has to clean up, after all. Hanamaki never learns and honestly, he's worried with the cleanliness of their upcoming room together.

When he's done, he sits on Hanamaki's bed and notices his own phone lights up.

There's a text message from an unknown number.

Hello, Oikawa gave me your number. I'm just wondering if you're up for coffee later?

Matsukawa rolls his eyes at Oikawa's pushiness. 

He types a reply as Hanamaki gets out from the shower.

"Issei, where is our university again?" Hanamaki asks, drying up his pink hair.

Matsukawa hits the send button and turns off his phone, looking up to him.

"You'll know on the way there," Matsukawa says, throwing a shirt to Hanamaki's face.

"Hey, you don't have to do that," Hanamaki complains.

---

Oof cliffhanger.