Shattered

A/N: WARNING- IF YOU HAVEN'T READ OR FINISHED UNLOCKED, TURN BACK! GO AWAY! SPOILERS AHEAD! LIKE, MAJOR SPOILERS!

EVEN THE REST OF THIS AUTHOR'S NOTE IS DANGEROUS!

I'm going to wait until you leave.

*waits*

Okay, hello Unlocked readers! So........ that book was a ride. Very... intense. Just in case there are still people who haven't read Unlocked reading this, I'm not saying anything else. So I'm serious people, if you haven't read it, GO NOW!!! RIGHT NOW!!!

*waves goodbye*

Final Note- If you don't want to be even more sad then you already are after that ending, then I wouldn't suggest reading this. It's pretty depressing.

Happy reading!

-----------------------------

Love,

Keefe

Sophie reread the letter over and over again, but the words didn't register in her brain. They wouldn't.

They couldn't.

Because that would make them true.

And they weren't true. They couldn't be true. But Sophie knew, deep down, that they were.

Keefe wasn't pulling some stupid cruel prank to make her all emotional and then pop out of her closet shouting, "I'm here!"

His note was the truth. Even though Sophie wished that it wasn't true. It was. And she couldn't change that.

He said he was protecting her. But he was only breaking her heart. The shrapnel dug deeper than ever before, fracturing her soul into tiny pieces.

Sophie had almost been ready to understand her feelings. She was almost ready to admit them. But she was too late.

Too late.

Again.

How could Keefe do this to her? Didn't he know that she needed him? He had to know, right? But the same words kept repeating in her mind.

He's gone.

Too late.

He's gone.

Too late.

As Iggy nudged her arm, and tears streamed down her face, and the letter fell from her grasp, Sophie broke.

She shattered.