A Moonlit Ocean

"Hey, Foster

"Hey, Foster."

"How'd you know it was me?"

"Your emotions, duh."

He turned to look at her from the porch swing and smirked.

"What's so funny?" she asked.

"Nothing. I just can't help but notice that you made me something."

Sophie blushed and sat down next to Keefe. "Yeah, well I tried to combine Mallowmelt cookies and E. L. Fudges, but it didn't really work out. I thought maybe you would give me points for trying though," she blushed even harder as she handed him the box.

She had only made the cookies as an excuse to come see him, but nobody needed to know that.

"So... it's Mallowmelt... shaped like an elf... sort of, and... frosting?"

"Yeah."

Keefe lifted a cookie to his mouth and took a tiny bite. "Actually, it's not that bad. You could improve on your decorating skills though."

Sophie looked down and mumbled, "Sorry."

"Hey, I was joking! Here, try one!" he waved a cookie and front of her nose until she glared at him and took it.

"Huh. It really isn't all that bad."

"Told you. Oh, I made you something too!" Keefe handed her a box wrapped in ice blue wrapping paper. It was rectangular, and about one inch thick.

Sophie carefully unwrapped it and gasped. Inside was a beautiful painting of her and Keefe riding Silveny together over a moonlit ocean.

"I know it's not really a happy memory, but it's the night when..."

"When I got my abilities reset. Keefe, this is incredible! How did you do it?"

"Just pure talent, Foster. Oh, and a touch of my general awesomeness. But in all seriousness," he leaned in close, so they were only inches apart. "Happy birthday Sophie."