27: I hate you or something -gerard

Thank you to all of y'all for reading, like jesus, I can't thank y'all enough. 

People are assholes. That's the point of this chapter.

~Next day~

Frank stares at me for a good minute.

"Come on you know the drill..."

"Turn around or get out." He nods and turns around, shoving his face into a pillow.

I change quickly into a skirt and shirt I tuck into the skirt. "You're good,"

He dramatically throws my pillow and turns around. He stares but says nothing.

"Hii" I wave and he waves back, I check my phone.

7:00 a.m.

I go to the wall mirror. Slight make up.

I look at the clock again 7:12.

We're wait like ten minutes before leaving, I notice when we go in the hall he looks like he's thinking about something. He rubs his wrist, not looking at it.

A minute or two into walking he asks, "what are you going to do about people knowing you're not innocent thing?"

I give him a look, "watcha mean?"

"I have a bet, you win, I do what you want for a day, I won, you do what I want for a day." I look at how him like I'm saying go on. "You convince everyone besides our friends and Phil that you're still the innocent boy everyone thinks you are, despite kids hearing what you said, if you can successful convince anyone who asks you if you actually swear, that you don't. You win"

I hesitantly put my hands out for him to shake it, "deal, but if I can keep it up till beginning of senior year, it's a week,"

"Why the fuck not."

I think I can do this, the worst thing that happens, I lose. Honestly, it shouldn't be to bad, right?

"You do realize I've acted like this for years? This is going to be easy for me"

The look in his face when he realizes is amazing, "I just agreed to a bet I will lose."

I nod and smile.

We walk in the school, the first thing I hear is, "did you actually swear or are you still innocent?"

"I didn't swear, what do you mean by innocent?" I respond.

He walks away content or something... My old group walks up to me.

"Oh my God I heard you yelled at someone, did it do something to you?" One of them asks.

"You haven't cared about what has happened to me until now. You could have called, you have contact with me... You didn't,"

"I-"

"and you immediately assume my best friend did something to me?"

"Well we could only assume tha-"

"That the punk kid talking to me is a bad person because he's a punk and he would hurt me without reason?" I ask sweetly.

She nods. "Well guess what you're wrong, because maybe that punk is the sweetest kid I know... and my life is not of your business." I poke her nose lightly, "bye"

I get a million questions and manage to be patient.

Classes are slow too.

At lunch I wait in that boring line and when I get to the table I sigh. "The day's half over" I smile, "but Frank my asshole friends are saying since shit about you..."

"Like what?"

"That you're toxic and other bullshit," that he hits me, that he makes fun of me, that I don't want to be his friend, that he's just going to use me.

"What else"

I hesitate, "uhh, that you are a kinda a slightly abusive friend and one was that I hate you or something..."

"People think I'm like that?" He asks I can hear the hurt in his voice. I nod, "I haven't hurt anyone here" His voice weakens, "except for you..."

I hug him, "They're wrong Frank," he shakes his head like he doesn't believe me, "you're the sweetest person I know, when you did you believed I beat her up, you thought I hurt someone, you had a reason, I already told you, you're amazing, tell me anyone you beat up, what were your reasons?"

"Uh, normally they hurt or harassed a girl,  they're an asshole, or they cornered me..."

I can't believe the shit he went through. "See? Frank, you've never hurt anyone without a good reason and me? You thought I beat up someone you cared about up," 

"But-"

"I promise, I'm not going to lie about this to you, hey guys  was I ever an ass to someone who didn't deserve it?"

They shake their head.

Pete speaks, "I don't think you're ever rude honestly, nothing we heard of,"

He just sits here, someone taps on my shoulder, and takes me away from them, "hey, I'm here if you need anything," I sigh.

"Is this about Frank?" They nod, "what's did you hear this time?"

"That he like touches you, without consent..."

"Who told you this?"

They point to the direction of my old friends, "them"

"Did you tell anyone else?" They shake their head, "any rumor you hear about Frank is wrong, ok?" They nod, "if anyone else tells you anything bad about him, tell them it's not true,"

"Sorry"

"It's okay," I leave them to go back to the table a minute later and I'm pissed.