Chapter 4 - Messing Around

"Have you ever experienced a person named Tinkerer?" I asked Gwen, looking down at her. She shrugged. 

"I don't know, never met them, but if thousands of universes exist and the alternate versions of ourselves picked this one to warn, I'm guessing they're serious about all this," Gwen said as she sat on the edge of Ganke's bed. 

We both sighed and it fell quiet until Miles perked up. 

"So, Gwen, how was it without me around?" Miles asked cockily, tilting his head to the side curiously, jumping on the other side of the bed.

"Um, It was fine," I said, pretending my thoughts weren't even going through my head. 

"I know you missed me, Gwanda, " Miles said, using the fake name I came up with. I rolled my eyes playfully.

"It's been years so maybe just a little," I said, teasing him and crossing my arms over my chest. Miles slightly laughs as he turns to me

 "Do you want to hang? or um, exchange numbers?" Miles asked as he turned towards me.

"Nah, I just want to think that hoppers can keep us in touch." Miles then looks at me weirdly and I roll my eyes playfully and laugh. "Yeah, of course," I said. Miles's confused face changed to an amused one and he laughed at my remark and pulled out his phone. 

We exchanged numbers, and then it started getting late as we rambled on talking. I looked down at my hopper and set a portal to go home.

"Leaving already?" Miles said, coming up from his seat.

"Yeah, I need to get back home, or Dad will have another heart attack thinking that I got stuck at a train stop because there was a murder," 

"Wait, what?"

"That's the lie I had to tell my dad the entire time we had to save your universe's ass. He's a cop so I had to make it sound like I was in a different part of town,"

Miles clapped while slightly laughing. "Smart,"

I bowed. "That's me," I said as he laughed. 

"Alright, I won't keep you any longer, so I'll see you Gwen,"

"Okay, see you around, Miles."

I then had the sudden urge to kiss him on the cheek again. I was just standing there like an idiot, then decided to do something that I hope would not be taken the wrong way.

 I then hesitated but leaned over and gave him a peck on the cheek. I portaled out before I could hear him say anything.