Chapter 5- Just Her

Gwen smiled warmly and then walked off into the portal, it closes behind her. Eventually at some point Ganke came back from getting sodas and he never came back with them.

"Where were you dude?" I asked as he sat down in his gaming chair and shrugged.

"I'm failing AP Biology so I had to re do an assignment that took forever because the teacher caught me in the hall trying to get some,"

I suck my teeth. "Senior year man, you can't be failing classes,"

Ganke rolled his eyes at me. "You try learning Mitosis and remembering all the parts of it,"

"I passed Biology last year," I say as Ganke flips me off and turns on his gaming console. 

I laughed and then opened my phone and found Gwen's contact and I texted her.

Me: Hey Gwen

I waited for a second, then saw dots appear on the screen as she was texting back.

Gwanda: Hey Miles, what's up?

Me: Uhh laying down while my roommate's playing video games

Gwanda: Ohhh that's why there's so much video game stuff in your room

I sent a laughing emoji. 

Me: Sooo what are you up to

Gwanda: In my room messing with my web shooters

Me: You know you could talk to me if you're that bored

Gwanda: I'm not that bored just yet so calm your horses

Me: Is that mockingness I hear in your text?

Gwanda: Maybe. You're a dork. 😂

Gwanda: Have fun being alone cause my dad just called me for dinner

Me: Noooo don't leave me

I didn't get a response after five minutes so I playfully roll my eyes. Even though it was a short conversation and I have no idea how the hell interdimensional texting works, but it does so I'm grateful for that. 

I lay back on my bed and a million things go through my head. I saw Gwen for the first time in years today and now I have another villain on our asses. Great.