59. The Ball

Next Week:

That day after we came back home, Aaron was so mad at Sam for leaving that note for me. I had to try so hard to calm him down. Sam is triggering Aaron soo much.

Next day, Aaron took me out for shopping. Everyone kept looking at us and they keep smiling. I know why they are being like that. The day at the ceremony, the press recorded everything and it was all over the internet the next day. Everyone in the town knows that we are dating each other. 

He selected a deep V- neck burgundy Ombre Ball Gown. I had to try like a 100 dresses for him to select one. For every dress, he complained in some or the other way. Finally he picked this saying that this is the dress which less exposes my skin. He bought a tie matching with my dress for his black suit. He looked dazzling when he tried that.

In the evening, I was in my room getting ready with the girls. They came early in the morning and we had lunch together. So we all would be leaving together. Rick asked Cara to be his date and even Sam found someone. Aaron didn't like the idea of Sam being here, but he finally gave up when I bribed him with a kiss.

I am getting things done my way these days. And everything is going perfectly. They all look soo pretty and stunning in their dresses. They all are taking it seriously since this would be their first official date. Em is wearing a red cascading Ruffles Backless dress, Suzy chose a  silver one shoulder high Slit dress, Claire chose a baby blue tulle dress with high slit, Cara chose a black mermaid dress with a high slit, Evelyn chose a dark green backless dress with a high slit and Olivia chose a navy blue see through neck line dress with a slit which ends up lower than the others. I am the only one in the room whose dress has no slit.

They all so perfect. They help me with my hair. Later Anna comes to check on us. "You look pretty" she says kissing my cheek lightly so as not to spoil my light makeup. The girls insisted that I have to put makeup on this time. "Don't we" Suzy asks with a pout. "Ofcourse you all look stunning" Anna says smiling. 

We all hug her before we leave. Out parents are waiting downstairs. I can see everyone are having happy tears in their eyes. I hug my mom tight and kiss her cheek. "Enjoy your day" she whispers into my ear. I never even once took away the necklace that Aaron gave me. It has been my constant reminder of him.

"I think I need to get my gun" Aaron says pulling me back to reality. I smile to his statement. "You look-" he says and stops to kiss my forehead. Suzy pulled my hair up into a messy bun. He was about to pull it out but I stop him. I can't before them. She will feel bad.

After we get into the car, I pull my hair out from the bun and make it a half-up hairstyle. He smiles when I finish doing my hair. "Can't you just let it be like that for one day" I ask looking at him. "Nooo no no no no no" he says shaking his sideways. I pout and look away.

He rubs his hand on my thigh. It makes the butterflies in my stomach go crazy. I push his hand away, but he keeps putting it back on my thigh. I am happy that mine didn't have a slit orelse I would have already died if he had done this on my bare skin. I push his hand a bit down and hold it over my knee.

He grunts and pulls me closer to him. I give up and rest my head on his shoulder. This time, he smiles. This small sound is soo alluring to me. I lift our intertwined fingers and kiss the back of his hand.

He opens the door for me, after he parks his car in the far end. This is one thing Aaron always does. He parks his car away from all the others. Everyone are here already and Suzy throws daggers with her eyes. I mouth a sorry to her from my place and she turns away pissed. She is the kind of girl who doesn't like someone saying a no to what she does. She is pissed at me for changing the hair she did.

My dress's back neck is deep and giving Aaron a full exposure to play with me. It ends up just a few inches above my lower back. I don't why he thought this dress was less exposing but I feel this is lot more than what needs a high self-control for him. So I decided on playing with him. I pull all my hair to one side to show my back. He gulps hard beside me and pulls me even closer and covers a part of it with his arm.

"What are you trying to do?" he whispers into my ear. "Nothing baby" I say biting my lip. I can see him tense and I am loving it. "Don't-" he starts but I stop him mid-sentence putting my finger on his lips. "What?" I say still biting my lower lip and moving my hand up down on his chest. I can sense him tensing beneath my touch and he leans forward. But I push him back and run to the others. He sighs and follows me.

I stand in between Damon and Cara so Aaron won't be standing beside me. I know I woke the bad guy in him now and I have to deal with it later. I am ready to give my everything to him. I just keep biting my lower lip to tease him and he balls his fists to control himself. Sam suddenly pulls me back and starts to dance. I just move along not wanting to make a big deal out of this.

"Sam you better not make a wrong move" I say in a firm tone when he keeps his on my lower back. He nods and dances to the music. Just when we have to turn, Aaron replaces Sam and holds me closer to him. His closeness is affecting me soo much in many ways. "What were you doing all this time?" I say not satisfied with his timing. He should have come earlier. "I thought you didn't want me to beat him, so I was just-" he says and stops. I raise an eyebrow and he winks.

"Miss. Mia Blaine, this time when the priest asks, will you say yes" he asks it out loud. Everyone in the room starts cheering. Is this real? I can't believe what I heard. I nod and pulls me closer to kiss me.

"But I need some time" I say when we pull apart. I can see hurt in his eyes but he nods later. "As long as you need, sweetheart. Say when you are ready" he says and pulls me into a tight hug.