Waiting

As the first of many of kisses came to a close, it was obvious shocked you both were. The moment couldn't have been more perfect. His lips enveloped yours gently, and you kissed him back with all of the passion you could muster. You never thought Aaron would be a good kisser, and now you wondered how you could have ever felt that way. 

The two of you stared into each others eyes after you pulled away. 

"Wow," he whispered. You repeated it back to him. You were both smiling your brightest smiles. You could feel the blush creeping up from your neck to cover your whole face. 

"Was that okay?" he asked. 

You nodded feverishly, and he went in for another kiss. You leaned back, laying down on the couch, and he hovered over you. You knew where this was leading, and you weren't sure if you wanted that yet. Well, of course you wanted it, but the first time with Aaron should be special. You weren't sure if fucking on his couch after your first date counted as such.

Was that even your first date? You hoped it was. It was almost entirely perfect, if not for Spencer's weird behavior. You wondered if he was okay. He never acted that strange, or so condescending. Especially not towards Hotch. You realized you probably shouldn't be thinking about Spencer while making out with your boss. You brought your mind back to the man on top of you.

He moved his mouth to your neck and you let a moan slip. "You like that?" he asked. You nodded again, knowing he could feel the movement of your head. For some reason, you were finding it hard to find words to reply to him with. You were just too flustered, you concluded. This was all you had wanted since you joined the bureau. 

You wrapped one of your legs around his waist. "Can I take off your top?" he asked. You nodded again, before remembering what you just told yourself. 

"Actually, Aaron," you began. You lightly pushed him off of you, and you both sat up on the couch. "I think we should take this slow. I don't want this to be a one time thing."

"I already told you it wouldn't be," he replied.

"No, I know that. I just- I really think we shouldn't do this yet. I want it to be special when it happens."

"So you do want it to happen?"

"Of course I do. I just don't like to put out after the first date," you joked. You looked down at your lap to try and hide the blush on your face.

He laughed and placed two fingers under your chin to tilt your head back up. "Look at me," he said. You still shied your eyes away from him. "I'm not rushing you into anything. I've made that mistake already. We'll take this as slow as you want. I can wait."

He spoke so softly and with so much care that you really did believe him. "Thank you," you muttered. You shifted your body so that your head was on his chest. You assumed very similar positions to the ones you were in before the kiss. You resumed the comfortable silence.

You couldn't bring your mind away from Spencer, though. What was up with him? You considered calling him, but that just didn't seem right. You tried to convince yourself to forget about him for the day, and just to focus on Hotch, but you just couldn't.

"What was wrong with Spencer today?" you asked.

Aaron sighed deeply. "I don't know. I wouldn't worry about it if I were you."

"He's my best friend, I can't not worry about him. Was he normal at work yesterday?"

"He was totally fine. Probably just having an off day. Do you want to watch a movie?"