Chapter 30 -W & -S

Mayu trudged along behind everyone, Greyan leading Undelfo's army as they made their way through Uvwii. They had been walking through dwarf territory since the three days now, and the landscape reminded Mayu of walking around Volcán Osorno or Volcán Calbuco in Chile. It was a really rocky and mountainous area; like walking through a forest in a mountain range. Really beautiful, lusciously green, birds twittering in the trees, critters rustling in the bushes, but unlike with Volcán Calbuco and Volcán Osorno, there was no path here and making their way through bushes made the whole group exhausted. Though about a mile back, they'd left the forest and came unto a wide beaten road. According to Undelfo, this road led straight to the entrance of the dwarf city, Drunigor.

Another reason behind the party's exhaustion was that most of the troop hadn't had much experience with legs. According to Undelfo only special units of underwater armies were given extensive training on land and in water with legs. Majority of the merfolk here were not of the special units. Undelfo, being the prince, had of course, received this training as well, but with the majority untrained at this, it made the journey tedious for all.

Undelfo was walking alongside Mayu to keep her company. Besides him, there were only two or three others doing well with the legs. Obviously, Mayu had no problem with legs at all, though she was fatigued. Undelfo caught her eyeing him and he smiled.

Mayu stared at him and he couldn't hold her gaze. He looked away and the girl chuckled. Undelfo quickly looked at her again and against her will, a big mischievous grin spread across her face.

"Why that grin, my lady?" Asked the prince.

"Nothing," she replied.

"Well we draw closer to the Drunigor tunnel entrance with each step so what would you say to a friendly race to break this boredom?" Suggested the young prince.

"A race?"

"Yes," he replied. "You have had legs longer than I thus you must be very good. Defend your nature, Mayu."

Mayu smiled and just eyed the guy for awhile. Her mind was here in this moment, but it hadn't been so for a while. Undelfo's eyes locked with hers, as he began searching through them, attempting to read her.

"Why are you smiling at me like that? Was it something I said?"

'For once,' Mayu thought. 'The answer to that question was yes.'

"Have you ever raced someone before? Like, on foot?" She asked.

Undelfo was perplexed. "Why do you ask?"

"Well, have you?" She insisted.

"Leg training did include a large amount of running. As a young one, us children would often chase each other around. So in a way, I suppose the answer is yes."

Mayu seemed to be thinking about something, making a decision. When it seemed like she had finally made up her mind, she turned to Undelfo, slightly excited.

"When we get closer to the entrance to this dwarf city you're leading us to, let's race to it." She said "That is... if you agree."

Undelfo couldn't help but agree. The girl had actually accepted his offer of a race and she seemed kinda excited about it. He was not sure, but he felt he was beginning to grow a really big soft spot for her.