Prologue

Image credits: @Jodie Ma on Pinterest

~~~~~~

Some people say life is a marathon. Others say you should live each day as if it were your last. From my perspective, life is a swim race - an unbelievable experience which presents many emotions and opportunities as well as a remarkable challenge that expects the top form of your body and your mind. It is the best thing that could possibly have happened to me. The chance of swimming is a gift. The first swimming lesson I had represents the chances I was given in life. And every race I swim makes me grow and become a stronger person.

Regardless of the outcome and how I feel, it is these moments that shape my character and my decisions. Although a single race does not define my life, my life defines every race I am ever going to swim.

But what if I decide that I don't want to swim races one day? What will my life look like then? Will I still have something that determines my personality. Something I can base myself on? Will I have something that brings me joy?

I am fully aware with every cell in my body, that this faithful day is bound to eventually reach me but I am nevertheless scared of the moment it will descend upon me. I don't know what I should do when this day arrives. What I do know, is that a difficult decision will face me but the darkness and vagueness of the future is engulfing me as I think about this moment that has yet to come: What will my decision look like and where will it lead me to?