Chapter 8 "Hurt"

Two weeks later*

Maddie's POV

After the Sia video it has gotten over 50 minion views and my life has been changed forever. I have been brought to Jimmy Kimmel and Ellen and performed with Sia. The guys have came to those and have encouraged me with everything.

Emma has been at every competition and she has been like the mom for me
On 'dance moms'. We are in San Fransisco for a competition. Matt and the guys have gone to a benefit thing in D.C. For the presidents daughters. I am proud of them. I am at a competition ready to dance. I go out on stage with a smile on my face. But I am upset. The guys have things planned every time I have competition. They never get to see me compete. I get into position. As I am about to finish my front Ariel type thing I slip and I land on my ankle bad. I hear a crack and a sharp amount of pain goes through my body. My leg feels numb I can't get up. I can't focus on anything. I am laying On the ground crying in pain.

I see an official come up on stage.
"Maddie where does it hurt," the official says.
"My left ankle," I say. He picks me up and carries me to the aid office. He lays me down on my back.
"Abby is gonna hate me," I say.
"Sweetie you tried something and fell things like this can happen," the nurse says trying to console me. Abby and Emma walk in.
"I'm sorry Abby please don't hate me," I say.

"I don't hate you Maddie its gonna be ok. They called an ambulance and your gonna go to the hospital," Abby says. I nod. The paramedics come in and take me to the hospital. The fans outsides see me and they are taking pictures.
"OMG MADDIE'S HURT I DONT BELIEVE THIS," someone says. They on me on a stretcher and takes me to the hospital. Emma comes in the ambulance with me to the hospital. We go in the E.R. and they take x-rays. Emma stays in the waiting room.

Emma's POV

Poor Maddie. I feel bad for her. Matt is across the country and it is gonna take him 6 hours to get back. The doctor comes into the room.
"Are you Maddie's guardian," the doctor asks.
"I'm her nanny her brother and friends are out of town. I watch over her while they are gone," I say.
"Maddie fractured her ankle. It isn't serious but she will be in a boot for 6 weeks. She can go to physical therapy for those weeks being to help her get back up on her feet. She can be released tonight," the doctor says. I nod and he hands me the paperwork. I sign the stuff and they said they out her in a room as they wait for the boot.

Bart's POV

We are currently in D.C. and the guys are meeting the president's daughters. I get a call from Maddie's nanny Emma.

Bart- Hello?
Emma- Bart.....something has happened to Maddie. Do not tell Matthew yet. We are in the E.R. Right now.
Bart- oh my god what happened?
Emma- Maddie was at a dance conception today. She was doing a trick and fractured her ankle. She will be in a boot for six weeks.
Bart- that's terrible. When do you want me to tell the guys.
Emma- tell them after. Let them be happy for now. We are leaving San Fransisco tonight.
Bart- ok thank you Emma. Bye.
Emma- bye.

End of call*

Poor kid. After two hours we go back to the hotel. I got them a flight out tomorrow morning. We were gonna go sightseeing but change of plans. We go back to the hotel. They close down the restaurant for us to eat in private.

Cameron's POV

I was on my phone when I am getting a call from Emma.

Cameron- hey Emma what's up?
Emma- thank god you picked up. Matt isn't answering his phone and I need you to tell the guys something.
Cameron- what's wrong?
*I get a little concerned. The guys look at me*
Emma- I'm in the Maddie's room of the E.R.
Cameron- Maddie's in the E.R.?!
*said that a little too loud and the guys notice*
Emma- she was at a dance competition and fractured her ankle.
Cameron- is she ok?
*the guys are throwing questions at me and I tell them to be quiet*'
Emma- she is fine but she is in pain. We are going back to L.A. soon.
*i can here her crying in the background*
Cameron- ok. Tell her that it's gonna be okay and we will see her soon. Bye.
Emma- bye.

End of call*

"What happened with Maddie?" Matt asked.
"She fractured her ankle. I heard her in the background she was crying," I say.
"Guys I booked a flight out for tomorrow morning instead of two days from now," Bart says.
"Thank goodness I need to talk to her later on," Matt says.