It's a date? Oops, figure of speech...?

//Oh my God... G-Gumball- ahhhh- what you doing man- you're ruining this beautiful pic! (But seriously tho I love Gumball's face there) Rob be lookin fine and you're- why-//

The next morning was a blur- nothing concerned Y/n; not even Gumball jumping onto his chair and placing a foot on the edge of the table to practice some lines from the Beauty and the Beast, which was annoying in itself.

She doubled up on breakfast and did her hair nicely that morning. She and Anais picked her clothes out that day since Y/n knew Anais was really smart and great with color-coordination.

"Okaaaay.... So. Since you're a (insert animal of your choice here) and you have (e/c) eyes, I'd say..." She put a hand to her chin to think. The resemblance between her and Gumball was uncanny. "this t-shirt! And... this skirt."

"Skirt? I didn't bring any skirts with me," Y/n peered at it. "nobody had even got me any skirts since I lived with my actual parents..."

Anais looked at her for a moment before deciding to shrug. "I dunno... maybe mom got you it?"

"Hm, maybe." Y/n agreed.

"Ooh, and this headband-!"

Y/n got dressed under Anais's orders and even did her hair as Anais said. It really seemed like they were bonding. Then Anais got slightly suspicious. (A/n-Don't be suspicious, don't be suspicious... d-don't be suspicious... although she kinda sus- sorry, I interrupted the story-)

"Hey, Y/n," She sat next to her on the bus. "why did you want my help with your outfit today?"

Y/n shrugged. What was she supposed to say, 'Oh, yeah, Anais, I wanted to look good because I have a crush on this boy called Rob who is, by the way, Gumball's nemesis who wants to destroy Gumball and everything he loves but I don't care because he is so cute tho-'

"I guess I wanted another smart person's opinion."

Anais went red. "Well I- thanks? Was that a compliment or-?"

"Yep."

Anais smiled. "Oh, by the way, you look great."

So, anyway, after sisterly bonding, Y/n went to her third day at school. She tried to avoid Miss Simian, but it's kinda hard when it's her class first thing.

"Ah, Y/n, lovely to see my new head of the debate team." Miss Simian cornered her as soon as she entered the classroom.

"Wait," Y/n paused- she had to anyway, she really was in a corner. "you didn't say I was the head of the debate team!" 'Unless I wiped that from my memory because I hated it so much-'

"I didn't, but I changed my mind, you really are a... talent or something. Go sit down."

So English was just great. Miss Simian thought Y/n was so much of a 'talent' that she asked the majority of the questions to her. And Y/n was lucky to get most right.

She had geography with her form class. It was her first geography class and she wanted to make a better impression than her first day there. She was in the same seating arrangement as form class, so was not a bit surprised to see Hotdog guy next to her.

He seemed a little speechless when he saw her in her getup. She wondered what Rob's reaction would be if he saw her instead. She sat down next to Hotdog guy and made an effort to say hello.

"H-Hi." He mumbled, still a little in awe. Y/n tried not to feel smug for Anais's work.

"Great day, isn't it?" She asked, nor referring to English class only ten minutes before at all. He nodded. As much as having some guy liking how she looked, it wasn't Rob. The day couldn't pass fast enough so she could see him either.