December 13th (Home at Last)

POV: Shadow

I woke up pretty early to my liking, but I couldn't fall asleep, so I shrugged it off before reluctantly getting up. I sit up on my bed, remembering who stayed the night. I wondered if he is still here, or maybe he left early. I get up and go into my guest bedroom to see him curled up in a ball, still under the covers. 'He looks quite peaceful, or cute even- wait, what am I saying? He is my rival!' I shrug off my thoughts and I go into my kitchen and make me (and him) something.

After I finish making some eggs and toast, I hear the soft footsteps of Sonic coming from the room. "Morning *yawn* Shadow." He said with a smile on his muzzle. It looked like he'd slept good. "I never thought you'd wake up. Anyways, I made eggs and toast." He looks at me and sit down at the table, while I grab my cup of coffee. "Wow, this is really good." He says happily. I smile at him. "Well, I am the ultimate lifeform after all." Said to him as he chuckled.

"I know that, but I never expected for you to be such a great cook." I blushed slightly at the comment, but brushed it off before he could notice. "Thanks...When are you going home?" I asked the hedgehog and he shrugged. "I don't really care, I'll probably leave in a little bit." He exclaims.

After a while, we sat on the couch for a while and talked on the couch. I never had thought that would actually become "friends." It was nice honestly, with us two finally not being at each other's throats. "I should go now. Anyways, do you wanna come over on the 17th for a small get together at my place for defeating Eggman?" he questioned. I smiled a little at the offer. "Sure, why not..." He smiled as he waved goodbye and ran out of the house. I closed the door and want to go sit in front of my TV.

POV: Sonic

After I leave Shadow's house, I got home in a matter of minutes. I unlocked the door and Tails talked me to the ground. "I missed you...What happened?" he got off of me and let me get up. "I'm fine buddy, I stayed the night at Shadow's house. Don't worry, nothing happened. We actually became friends." He smiled at me and nodded. "Well I'm happy for you. But please don't scare me like that." I nodded. I kinda felt a little sad for not telling him where I was last night.

"Sorry, and I'm just happy to be back home." I smile as I hug Tails, as he hugged back. I walked into the house and sat onto the couch and had some quality time with Tails (and my TV).

For lunch, I had chili dogs, something that I couldn't ever get enough of, or at least before my 28th one. I soon went upstairs into my room and sat on my phone for the remainder of the day.
_____________________________________
Thanks for reading and sorry about this being quite short since my last two chapters were about 1500 words. Just so you know, my average chapter length is about 750-1000 words. Those were bigger for a specific reason. I hope that cleared stuff up for you all. Anyways, please vote and leave a comment if you want.

Written on 12/13/2020