<Chapter 14>

<Betty's POV>
I woke up and it was late. I went and got my phone and saw one missed call from my mom, a random number, and then Munae. I sat my phone back down then went to the bathroom and got ready for bed. After I was done I went and got my phone again and put it on the charger.

I laid back in bed and was about to call everyone back in order when I heard my door unlocking. I reached under my bed and grabbed my gun, then slid into the closet. Only my mama had a key, but she wouldn't just come up in here like this without yelling out a hello to something. She know her daughter crazy.

"Betty, it's me. Munae," is all I heard.

I didn't move.

I held my gun tightly and watched as Munae walked into my room. "You didn't answer my call so I figured you'd come over."

"Uninvited?" I asked, then clamped my hand over my mouth.

"Come out the closet. If you haven't already."

I stepped out and began to hold my gun carelessly. "Somebody breaks into your house and you hide? With a weapon? Pussy."

"To catch them off guard. Who knows how many people-

"Of course, no one would dare break into mine," Munae stated, looking around my house with mild disdain. "I'm still taking you out to eat but I suppose you can keep your onesie on to go. Come along."

Despite myself, I put my gun back up (not in front of her of course), and followed her out to her car. "Where are we eating at?" Get closer to the enemy. Not further. "I don't know wherever you wanna eat at?"

"I wanna eat something else right now," I said looking her up and down. She slightly smirked at me and slowly reached for my chin like a scolding mother. "I think I like playing our game."

We arrived at Five Guys and I sat at the table while she ordered for us. I had never been here before but she had. She recommended the bacon burger and their French fries. She sat back down and we waited for our food to be made. We didn't talk, just looked around until our food came. I tenderly picked up the burger then dug in. I avoided looking at her and awkwardly ate my food. "I went to my therapist today," Munae randomly said.

I masked my surprise and let her finish her sentence. "She said that I should try to form an emotional bond with you so that I'll feel empathy towards you and care for you." She smiled pleasantly at me, concluding what she had to say, "Therefore, I won't hurt you anymore physically or emotionally."

"That's...good," I awkwardly chuckled.

I noticed she hadn't touched her food. "You're not eating?" Her eyes had went distant but she looked up at me in surprise, then looked around for something. "Oh, what time is it?"

"I don't know, some time late at night," I shrugged.

"I only eat breakfast now," she shrugged back.

"Why?" I asked, genuinely curious.

"I-It's a long..personal story."

"You killed my best friend, I think I can hear it," I smiled sweetly. With this attitude there was no way that I could get my revenge. I toned my tone down a little lighter. "Plus, don't you get hungry?"

"I-....It's private," she only said, looking away. There was real emotion in her eyes so I backed down. "Imma start eating here more often. I'm glad you put me on to this place," I told her. "Um..you ready to go?" she asked, rubbing her wrist. "What about your food? Are you gonna eat it?" I questioned. She shook her head and I carefully reached over my food to hers. I grabbed a fry and smiled. "You can have my food if you want," she offered, pushing it towards me only a little bit.